43.

Comment + Vote 🤍
Omniscient

"POW"

His body thumped to the ground in front of her making her let out a blood curdling scream.

"No baby, why did you do that?" Naala screamed dropping to her knees in front of him.

"My babies -" Dave spoke in shock,

"Stop, stop speaking," Naala cried holding the wound down with her hand. "I'm gonna get you some help, okay?"

"Somebody help me!" Naala screamed loudly looking around where they were.

Many people looked but didn't know what to do, a man was dying in front of them and they carried on their usual business.

"It wasn't me," Dave held her hand and stared into her eyes.

"I know that now Amir, just hang on," Naala spoke through her tears with her hand still firmly on the wound.

No one was helping her so she had to do this on her own.

"Baby do you think you can help me?" Naala sniffed looking down at him.

"I d-don't know, it's burning," Dave hissed, his eyes filling with tears.

"You have to get up because I can't carry you," Naala said lifting him up slightly. "We have to go to the hospital but I need you to help me,"

"Leave me La, you bleeding too," Dave mumbled his eyes going in and out.

"No no Amir, stay awake," Naala cried dragging his body up as much as she could. "Use all your strength and get up, please?" She begged.

"Think about the girls and the twins, come on," Naala slapped his face lightly.

"The girls," Dave nodded, opening his eyes.

"The girls, that's right, they need you," Naala said quickly holding him up.

With every piece of strength in him, Dave drug himself up from the ground and staggered to his feet. The majority of his weight was on Naala who was struggling to keep him up.

"The car," Naala thought out loud, "Let's get to the car," She said walking with him.

"I can't do it," Dave said stopping her from dragging him along.

"Baby please," Naala said as he dropped to the floor again. "You want our children to grow up without you?"

Dave didn't respond because he was going in and out of consciousness.

"Amir you can't die on me," Naala sobbed holding him in her lap.

18 hours before the shooting...

"And you've been eating enough?" Miani asked over the phone.

"Yes ma, Miss Ruby makes sure," Naala sniffed, she was feeling unwell and had a runny nose.

"I should be there," Miani mumbled feeling bad. "I can get a flight home?"

"Ma I'm a big girl I can handle it. Stay in London and bring me back something nice," Naala ordered, a small cough at the end.

"You don't sound good at all my angel. It's all this campaigning, can't you pause till you have the babies?" Miani asked making Naala roll her eyes.

"I can't, the election is in 4 weeks," Naala said before clearing her throat.

"Oh I'm straining your voice aren't I?" Miani gasped. "Give your husband the phone," She demanded.

"Oh my God," Naala muttered softly handing Dave the phone and walking into the bathroom.