t h r e e

chapter three

chapter three

luckily my art teacher is one of the nicer ones, he allows me to sit in the art classroom during lunch for 'extra work purposes'. funny that.

we both know that i'm lonely.

i sit at my workspace, every piece of art equipment you could think of surrounds me in a mess, also my cold tteokbokki sits in my lap.

as i ponder on what more i can do to make this disaster look somewhat better, a few voices gradually grow louder outside the door, until they start to fade.

i sigh, thinking i'm safe. until someone walks in.

fuck. this is supposed to be my spot. i freeze once i see who walks in.

tall frame, long hair, full round lips. noodle boy?

hyunjin.

why is he here- his voice cuts my thoughts off.

"i knew i'd seen you somewhere before"

he's dressed in our uniform, our school logo. everything.

i'm beyond confused.

he goes here?

"i never see you in school" he picks up one of my pencils, twisting it between two fingers.

"that's because i chill in here most of the time" his eyes flick to my lap, and he smiles.

"how long have you been going here? i never noticed you"

he furrows his brows, confused.

"a while"

"why are you in here right now?" i ask.

"i'm joining this class" i widen my eyes. what?

"i've been doing art for fun pretty much my whole life, but something changed and now i've decided to pursue it" i nod, still trying to come to terms with this bucketload of new information.

"so you're in this class, now?" he chuckles.

"i know i'm good-looking, but is it that hard to focus, pretty girl?"

more than i'd like to admit, hyunjin.

i guess i really did boost that ego of his.