e i g h t e e n

chapter eighteen

chapter eighteen

"are you still startled because you saw me shirtless?" i shake my head whilst gathering my things, blatantly lying. his lips form as smirk, as he continues to dry his hair.

"it's okay, friends see each other shirtless all the time. we are just friends, right?" his eyes catch mine as he glances around the room.

"sure hyunjin, i'll see you later" i dash out the door, before any more words can be uttered.

but just before i can pull the front doorknob towards me, a hand firmly grasps it, on top of mine.

i turn my head, there are still bags under his eyes and his lips are chapped but he still looks beautiful, despite being sick. i wonder how he manages to do it.

"i didn't get a chance to say goodbye, pretty girl" his voice is low and raspy, due to his throat being scratchy and dry but somehow... it's hot.

"i thought i warned you not to call me that" his hand still rests on mine, a tight grip preventing me from removing it.

"and i thought i warned you not to call me handsome hyunjin, yet you still do it" i sigh out, managing to release myself from his grasp.

"thanks for um- everything. see you monday" i nod at his words, as i turn back to see jeongin and felix heading up the steps.

"oh, you're leaving? i managed to drag lix here after finishing with my dad, don't leave!" jeongin pouts, as felix laughs at his phone, before looking up at the both of us.

"i've been here for a while, i gotta go" i shrug, whilst slowly backing away from the three boys, waving as i watch them smile at me.

"bye!"

-

just as the bell rings reminding us to head to our next period, i spot chan approaching me.

"y/n" his eyes look slightly worried. "hey, chan. you okay?"

i shut my locker, as he nods before opening his mouth to speak again.

"hey, have you seen yeji at all? she hasn't spoken to me at all this weekend, and i know you were at their house at the weekend, so maybe-"

"well i don't think she was there when i was there, but maybe she just went out then? i wouldn't worry too much, maybe she just forgot to text you?"

"i know, i'm trying not worry. it's just that yeji doesn't just forget to text me." chan threads a hand through his hair. "and she hasn't been at school today, i don't know what to do, y/n" my heart sinks for the worried boy before me.

"chan, she's fine, stop worrying. look, she probably just forgot to text you over the weekend, and caught hyunjin's sickness so that's why she's not in today" he nods. processing my words.

"you're right, she's fine. let's go to class" he smiles, i swing my arm over his shoulder as he laughs a little, before we head to class together.

changbin, jisung and minho are already sitting together in the english classroom. my eyes scan over the room, before landing on an unfamiliar face. it's a boy, he's tapping his finger on the desk, looking out the window.

jisung waves as we find our seats, talking amongst each other waiting for class to begin.

but i can't pry my eyes away from the guy in the corner, i don't recognise him, so he must be new. i decide to ask the others.

minho is situated behind me, changbin sits in the opposite aisle next to him, and jisung and chan in front of him and next to me but in the opposite aisle.

"do you guys know who that is?" i don't point in his direction, but i tilt my head, and their eyes plant on the new student.

changbin shakes his head, whilst chan and jisung shrug, barely caring enough to give a proper answer.

"oh, he's new." minho says, as i roll my eyes, "i know that! but who is he?"

"i'm trying to figure that out too" he replies, twisting his pen between his index finger and middle finger.

"i've heard his name begins with s, but i don't know it"

"so people knew he was coming?" minho nods. "but no one knows why he's here, or what he's come for, but we do know that he's incredibly smart"

"he does look it" i steal another glance, taking in his pretty features. his face resembles a puppy, and his hair is a lighter brown colour, not the usual dark like everyone else.

our teacher enters the room, causing me to turn in my seat properly, facing the front.

"everyone! before we begin, we do have a new student joining us today" almost everyone turns to face him. "if you could please introduce yourself" she motions to the boy.

he rises to his feet, his chair screeching against the polished floors as it is pushed back.

i turn to look at minho, who is probably stunned by his beauty also.

"i'm seungmin. kim seungmin." he bows politely, a smile spreading across his pink lips. he turns towards the class, before his eyes land on mine.

-

a/n!
hey hello hi
ahhhhh i got the christmas evel album today and pulled glittery chan and lix what an amazing day
ok hope u enjoyed <33