s i x t e e n

chapter sixteen

chapter sixteen

i press my knuckles against the cold wooden door of hyunjin and yeji's home, after having received a message from jeongin saying this:

- okay so changbin said hyunjin doesn't deserve any visiting, lix and jisung said they can't be bothered and i have to help my dad out so i guess you're annoying him on your own! sorry, but have fun! -

i don't mind visiting hyunjin, i think it'll be funny to see him ill and bug him even more than the bug that's bugging him will. hope that made sense.

the door is pulled open, and i am greeted by quite a small woman, with a friendly smile, who also happens to look a tiny little bit like hyunjin. so i'm taking the wild guess that she may just be his mother.

"may i help you?" my mouth forms a small 'o' shape, and i immediately feel embarrassed.

"oh, i'm um- hyunjin's... friend. hyunjin's classmate" i gulp, wanting the ground to swallow me up whole.

"oh, i'm sorry! i'm hyunjin's mom. but i'm not sure that i've met you before?"

"that's okay, you haven't. well, i thought hyunjin may have mentioned even just a little bit of me, or even my name, but i guess not. it's not his fault though, he- okay i'm going off track here but i'm a new friend of his, that's why you haven't met me" i ramble.

i want to hit myself.

"y/n?" i automatically match the low groggy voice with hyunjin's, my eyes flick to him, he's leaning against a door frame, skin pale and hair messy and slightly curly. despite the fact that he probably dying inside his hair looks so fluffly and cute and it makes me want to touch it.

"why haven't you let her in yet? it's cold" her smile falters, but she steps aside to let me in through the door. i mumble a small "thank you"

"i thought i told you not to get out of bed, hyunjin" she turns her head to face him, her cheery voice becoming more stern.

"well i heard her voice, and i'm not dying mom, i can walk" he threads a hand through his hair, sighing.

"i'm so sorry for being concerned" she grumbles sarcastically. "anyways y/n, why exactly have you come today?" there's a hint of annoyance laced behind her voice, but maybe that's just the way her voice sounds?

"oh, i came to visit hyunjin. as, of course, i am the cause of his sickness." i admit, hyunjin cracks a smile.

"you are?" okay her voice doesn't just sound like that, she definitely is annoyed.

"because of you i'm now having to miss work to take care of my son, my precious, fragile son."

i look down, detecting the clear signs that she somehow has a problem with me, even though we've only known each other for a mere five minutes.

"i'm sorry-"

"stop. it's not your fault, y/n" i watch as she crosses her arms over her chest, before heading down the hallway and disappearing into a room.

hyunjin tilts his head, motioning for me to follow him.

as soon as i enter hyunjin's bedroom, arms wrap around my waist, a head burying deeply into my neck.

i throw my arms over his shoulders, feeling him pull me into him more.

this feels so comfortable, our bodies mould together perfectly. i never knew being enclosed in hyunjin's arms would feel so comforting, so relaxing.

"sorry, i just wanted to hug something other than my pillow today" his voice vibrates against my skin, but i feel a little cold in his bedroom.

"you're okay, but why is it so cold in here?" i pull away, glancing at the windows that are pushed wide open.

"my mother insisted that i keep the windows open, for whatever dumb reason" i watch him climb back into bed, snuggling into the nest he's formed in his bed.

i let out a soft giggle, unable to contain my feelings towards his cute actions as i shut the windows.

"i thought you were just gonna call, but it's better that you're here now" my smile grows at his words. hyunjin's eyes droop a little, signaling that he's tired.

"well calling obviously isn't enough, i'd do anything for my handsome hyunjin" i tease, and he rolls his eyes.

"you need anything? medicine, food?" i question, plopping down onto his beanbag.

"to be honest, i just want someone to hold me. i know it sounds weird, but i like feeling secure when i'm unwell" hyunjin's cheeks redden, as he turns away. i chuckle.

"it doesn't sound weird, i like being held too" i admit, feeling my heart beat quicken up.

silence falls upon the both of us, i'm unsure of what to do exactly.

"well... would you like me to cuddle you?"

-

a/n!
it's not xmas anymore☹️
but i hope you liked this nice gift of a chapter update lol

i hate seungmin not being here yet, dw, i didn't forget him. he's coming ☺️

i hope everyone had a lovely christmas!!