s e v e n t e e n

(the freckles i love)

chapter seventeen

he doesn't say anything. instead, hyunjin lifts up a corner of his duvet, motioning for me to get into the bed with him. answering my question. i comply, obviously, taking my shoes and coat off before sliding into it.

hyunjin doesn't hesitate to use me as a body pillow, snuggling up to me as if i'm the only source of warmth and comfort he has access too. his hands grip onto my waist, i don't think we've ever been closer before.

"no one's ever done this for me before" hyunjin pauses. "my family is not really the touchy-feely type" he tells me, head laying on my chest. his hair tickles my chin, as he continues to speak.

"then again i'm not really the touchy-feely type either, but i need it right now, i need you" i can't stop the butterflies fluttering around in my stomach.

now that i'm getting to look at him like this i'm realising that hyunjin is one of a kind. there's no one else like him in this dark world that we live in and i don't want to lose him. he's irreplaceable. he's perfect.

"i'm always here, whenever you need. whether you're ill or not, because that's what friends are for" my face falls a little at that last part of my words. i'm not sure hyunjin heard what i muttered as little soft snores escape his lips. i tighten my arms that are encasing his frame, letting them relax around him.

i start to feel my own eyes slightly drooping, due to the fact that we're tangled in each other's embrace, the only thing radiating off the both of us being warmth. i'm not ready to let go just yet.

-

i squint my eyes awake, i fell asleep? i didn't intend to fall asleep, and i surely didn't intend to fall asleep with hyunjin's arms wrapped around my waist.

hyunjin... he's not next to me anymore. before i can process anything, the door clicks open.

he steps in quietly, unaware of my awakening. but with only a small white towel just barely sitting on his waist, i gasp quietly, and his eyes meet mine. shit.

toned stomach glistening with water, body glowing with cleanliness and sheer beauty. his damp hair rests messily against his forehead, i hadn't imagined hyunjin would be this handsome in this state of his.

"i'm sorry-" i turn my head away quickly, hyunjin's probably embarrassed that i'm viewing him half naked whilst laying in his bed.

"you're okay, i just thought i'd take a shower while you were sleeping." i nod.

he pulls a shirt over his head, then puts on shorts and dries the remaining water out of his hair using his towel. i silently watch him perform everything, and he pauses, catching on.

"what?" a smile tugs at his lips.

"nothing" my cheeks form a blush i can't seem to hide.

"so you're just going to watch me then?" he runs a hand through his hair.

"mhmm"

"okay" he says, continuing his previous tasks.

"you're crazy" he mumbles, but i hear. i know hyunjin, and it's your fault, you're driving me crazy.

-

a/n!
hello hello
um i entered this giveaway for christmas evel album and i didn't win um😭 how rude.
so i just bought it myself! i got the limited ver with pob and extras so i'm excited :):):):) it's almost 4am i can literally feel my sleep pattern messing up as days go by, but hey, it's okay.

anyways, let me just say, let the fire begin.