f i v e

chapter five

chapter five

during the entire bus ride to hyunjin's home, we talk about everything and anything.

he tells me about his interests, i tell him about mine. he tells me about his favourite things, and i tell him about mine. i've learned a lot about him.

i'm really growing to like hyunjin. a lot. and not only in a friend way, but i think a little more than that too.

the way he makes me smile is unmatched.

"y/n" hyunjin calls out to me once we step off the bus, pulling me out of my thoughts.

he places his hands on my shoulder, analysing my features.

"may i have your phone? please?" i crease my eyebrows, before unlocking it and giving it to him.

he smiles at my lock screen, which is a picture of a dancing monkey.

"you okay, hyunjin?" he nods, tapping the screen before placing it in my pocket.

"you're weird" we contiue to walk.

"you know, i feel like i've known you forever. even though we've know each other for approximately two-"

"minutes?" i cut him off, jokingly.

"days" hyunjin corrects me.

"hyunjin?" i stop walking, placing my hand on his shoulders, repeating his previous actions.

he grins, eyes boring into mine.

"this question is the only way to prove if our friendship will be worthy or not" he furrows his brows, but complies nonetheless.

"what comes first, the chicken or the egg?" i deadpan.

"the egg!" hyunjin says and i shake my head at him.

"unfortunately for you, hwang hyunjin, that was a make or break for our friendship. and you failed. i can't be friends with you anymore, sorry" i chuckle, running away.

hyunjin catches up with me within seconds, tugging on my backpack to pull me to him. my backpack slides down to the floor, allowing my back to collide with his front. i gasp, feeling his shallow breaths on the nape of my neck.

shivers down to my spine. hair raising on my arms.

hyunjin spins me around to face him.

"you're not going to escape me that easily, pretty girl."

i think my heart skips a few beats, because i find it hard to breath.

he pulls his bottom lip in between his teeth, smiling slightly.

hwang hyunjin, i beg you to stop making me feel like this. it's not healthy.

it is my turn to be bold now.