t w e n t y - s e v e n

chapter twenty-seven (#minsungforever)

(#minsungforever)

"i- i don't know who that is" i try to explain, fumbling over my own words. hyunjin simply gazes at me, before looking down into his lap.

"so you didn't kiss anyone?" jeongin asks, and hyunjin glances up at me again.

"i didn't." i lie, replying harshly towards jeongin. i feel everyone's gaze on me, and the boy's smile turns into a light frown. i didn't mean to do that, but i'm frustrated and confused. who was that? and why are they sending me messages about things that never happened?

"sorry, jeongin" i almost whisper, watching him nod in response.

"shit i'm sorry for reading your message aloud y/n, i didn't mean to make you upset." felix apologises, a small smile graces my lips.

"that's okay, lix. can we just forget it?"

as conservation about an unrelated topic starts up again, i begin to wonder whether hyunjin is jealous. he's not speaking much, and his expression is flat. i feel a little bad, and i want to assure him that i didn't kiss anyone else, but him.

"i'm gonna head to the bathroom real quick" i say amongst the chatter, before sliding out of my seat in the booth past changbin. i dash to the toilet. i drank a little too much of minho's juice.

once i'm done doing my business, i fix my hair in the mirror, along with my school skirt and blouse. smearing a little lip gloss on my lips, i exit the bathroom. only to collide with a soft chest and that familiar scent i'm obsessed with.

hyunjin doesn't say anything, and the expression on his face isn't helping me to determine what he could be feeling either. i take a few steps back, rubbing my head as he pulls his perfect brows together.

"before you say anything, i didn't kiss anyone. i don't know who-"

"are you wearing lipgloss?" he interrupts, eyes falling to my lips. i feel nervous under his gaze.  "you never wear lipgloss" he adds.

"my mom.. she got it for me. why?"

"just wondering. you look cute. cuter, actually."  hyunjin, does he know what he does to me? i'm sure he's doing this on purpose.

i will definitely be wearing this lipgloss more often.

"and i wasn't going to say that, or ask that." hyunjin says, his lips forming a tight line as he looks down at me.

"are you mad?" i question, he shakes his head no in response, our hands that rest by our sides brush briefly.

i take a deep breath of relief, smiling up at him.

"i only want to kiss you, hyunjin. you should know that by now" i mutter, quietly. hyunjin's lips curve up a little.

"let's go" the boy grabs my hand.

"back to everyone else?" i ask.

"to my house. no one's home"

a/n
okay so this is like the shortest chapter i've ever written cus it's exam week but hey, at least it's something.

hope u liked :)