f i f t y - n i n e

chapter fifty-nine

chapter fifty-nine

butterflies. pure butterflies. i cant help but smile at the tingling that has formed in my stomach.

my mind has gone blank, i can't think of anything to say that could equate to what hyunjin just told me. so i kiss him. i reach up to hold his cheek and i kiss him.

his lips are soft, like velvet. hyunjin smiles as he presses those lips to mine. i grab at his hair, gently threading the thin wisps through my fingers.

"you'll come back right? you'll visit me, and the boys?" i blurt out suddenly.

"of course" hyunjin strokes his thumb on the back of my hand slowly. more butterflies.

"nothing is going to change, love. i'm still going to be your handsome hyunjin, just a little bit further away from home" there's sadness beneath his words. i hate that his mother is the cause of all this.

"i know" i pull his hands from my waist and turn around in his lap to face him. i'm straddling his waist now, and my hands are resting on his shoulders.

hyunjin breathes a soft "wow", his eyes fixated on the sight in front of him.

"hey, my eyes are up here. quit staring" i laugh as his cheeks flush with pink, and his eyes dart away from my chest quickly.

"i like looking at you like this" his eyes soften as his gaze falls on me once again.

his lips drift from my lips to neck, i tilt my head backwards a little bit to give him better access.

"my pretty girl" hyunjin presses the smallest and softest of kisses to my neck, working his way across my collarbone, and along my shoulders.

"you're so beautiful" he continues to shower me with sweet nothings, his words encased in sheer devotion.

-

"hyunjin, can i ask you a question?" we're still in the bath, the feeling too good to step out.

"anything" he mutters, playing with my fingers.

"the other morning, i heard you, on the phone, with your mother"

"oh. you weren't asleep?" his voice sounds nervous.

"i was at first" i admit.

"well, what'd you hear?"

"not much. just that she asked you to kiss da-eun or something like that" i turn around, eyes meeting his.

"why didn't you just tell me?"

"when she told me to do it, i said no. of course i wasn't going to that, i didn't want to break your heart, let alone watch it break in front of me." his smile falters, becoming a line.

"then what happened?"

"she threatened to cut me off. to cut every single tie between us. she said she wouldn't pay for college fees, rent payments, or anything. she wouldn't call, nor have any form of contact with me at all." i'm shocked, to say the least.

"but she's the one that sent you here in the first place?" he nods.

"it doesn't make any sense. what kind of a mother does that?"

"i didn't want to have to struggle when i got here, i didn't want there to be any problems. but i regret it. the look on your face when you saw us-"

"was da-eun in on it too?" i cut him off.

"she was. she was excited. her and my mother have been close ever since i started school with da-eun. she's always looked at her like her own daughter. that's why she wanted her to be with me, so that she could be her daughter."

"but what about yeji?"

"she never cared for her, she never cared for either of us. yet she's always wanted control over every little thing we've done, since we were kids. since we weren't the perfect kids for her, she ensured that would be when we got older. but i guess that didn't work out in her favour, because i met you"

"i'm sorry you had to go through that hyunjin." i squeeze his hand.

"me too. but i'm still sorry for breaking your heart" i know he's sorry, he'll forever be sorry.

"you had no choice, you'd be starving. you are going to starve"

"i won't. i can just get a job, and take out loans if i really need them. i'll be fine"

"is that going to be enough?" i question.

"i'll get by" he shrugs.

"i hate this." i make a mental note to send hyunjin dry foods through the post, because i know what he's like. in times of need, he'll choose to pay for things that are less urgent instead of what he really needs.

"well, since you don't really have to do what your parents say anymore, you can come back, maybe after 6 months or something, and finish the rest of your studies back home, and pursue what you really want to do"

"but where would i live?"

"at the end of the day, she's your mom, she has to let you back home."

"and if not we'll figure out, but at least you'll be home"

-
a/n!
hope you missed me🤭