t h i r t e e n

chapter thirteen

chapter thirteen

"i can't believe you would get tteokbokki without me!" yeji yells at felix and jeongin as we sit at a table in the school cafeteria.

"you were taking way to long!" felix defends, patting her shoulder in consolation.

"we're sorry!" jeongin pouts and she gives in to his cute smile.

"okay, i forgive you" she leans her head on jeongin's shoulder. "but you owe me, big time" she narrows her eyes at them, glaring at the two boys.

"you need to stop sending everyone that headless chicken gif lix, it's getting out of hand now" chan says, everyone bursts into laughter at his expression, felix too.

"he's right" i say, whilst sitting, my eyes automatically searching for hyunjin. no where to be seen. good. i'm glad. i've been avoiding him all week since the party.

"he's in the dance room" changbin mutters quietly, turning his head to face me, while i shake my head at him.

"i wasn't thinking about that" i whisper. "i was think about the fact that absolutely no one cares for the headless chicken felix" i raise my voice towards the end so that felix can hear me.

"you're all just unappreciative. anyone, and i mean anyone, would be happy to watch the chicken be happy." felix huffs, defends himself. chan says some words to felix in english, i don't pick them all up because unfortunately i'm failing english. english is hard.

felix was born in australia and chan lived there for some time so they're both fluent in it.

"did your mother get mad at you for being home late last night?" yeji asks on the other side of me, and i shake my head no. yesterday we all went shopping after school. you can probably guess how it went. at first, felix, jisung and jeongin all acted like madmen whilst minho, changbin and chan presented themselves as sophisticated, well-behaved students before joining the younger boys in their madness soon afterwards. hyunjin didn't come, he claimed he had dance practice.

"not-" my sentence is cut off as a certain someone sits down, my eyes widen. hair in a flop on his head, tie loose on his chest and sweat trailing along his jawline, and a little dripping at the tip of his nose. speak of the devil. hyunjin. strands of his hair matt against his forehead, and for one particular reason, i can't bring myself to look away. and that one particular reason would be that he looks so incredibly good-looking. especially in this worn out state of his.

i notice his eyes linger into mine for a few moments until he opens his mouth to speak.

"please go shower or something hyunjin" minho presses his nostrils together, pulling a funny disgusting face, much like hyunjin's.

hyunjin just smiles faintly, before his eyes flick back to me.

"can we talk? you've been avoiding me" i pretend i don't hear him at first, until i give in and look into his eyes. everyone becomes silent. why must he does this right here, right now?

i told yeji what happened with hyunjin, but the rest remain unaware. i didn't really know who to tell, i was thinking felix, and jeongin, but they're so close to hyunjin, i just didn't know.

"okay...um you can talk" my voice is low, i hate the fact that everyone is listening without even understanding.

"i mean privately y/n" his voice remains calm, steady. "i'm busy" i reply softly, glancing down. "doing what?" he persists. "yeji what were you saying" i've restored to just ignoring him completely. "so you're just going to ignore me now?" hyunjin's eyes stay fixated on mine but i don't look up at him. the bell rings, thankfully.

"why are you fighting with hyunjin?" jeongin and everyone else is confused but i don't have time to explain anything right now, i would rather leave.

"i honestly don't know jeongin, i don't know" i let out a sigh, before leaving the cafeteria hall.

i feel like a child right now. i'm mad at hyunjin, when in fact he's done absolutely nothing wrong, and i should be happy, anyone would be happy to have their lips graced with his and be blessed with the eternal bliss of having kissed hwang hyunjin. it makes sense to no one, and it especially makes no sense to me.

deep down i know the reason i'm 'mad' at hyunjin, but i'm deciding not to be petty anymore and not let my mind get the best of me. my mind is just coming up with stupid reasons to be angry with him when in reality you just couldn't possibly fight with that human.

i reach my house, after walking the entire way home to clear my head, to see hyunjin, resting on my doorstep.

he glances up at me, his legs tucked up against his chest with his arms wrapped around them. his earphones are loose on his ears as i cross my arms over my chest, before sitting next to the boy.

"i'm trying to understand how you could've possibly made it here before me" we turn to face each other and the moment our eyes meet, whatever unnecessary tension there was before has left the building.

"i'm sorry" i tell him, and he nods. "i'm sorry that i was avoiding you and making everyone's life miserable, and i'm sorry that you didn't sit at the table at lunch because of me and i'm sorry-"

"what? i didn't not sit there because of you- i genuinely had to practice at lunch" he chuckles and my mouth forms an 'oh' shape.

"oh, well i'm still sorry. you don't have to explain yourself about anything. can we just pretend everything that happened never happened and move on with our lives?"

"but i don't want to pretend what happened, didn't happen." my brows furrow and hyunjin licks his lips.

"i don't regret it" hyunjin mutters. "as a matter of fact, i would do it again, if it wouldn't upset you this time"

-

a/n!
so sorry for the wait, this is quite a long chapter though <3
hope u liked :)