t h i r t y - s e v e n

chapter thirty-seven

"i love you so much"

"would you stop flirting with your food, lix?" changbin says to the boy he has his arms wrapped around. lix turns to face him, in those arms, their faces mere inches away from each other.

"no. i refuse!" felix offers him a teasing, yet long stare to which changbin returns.

"i'll stuff your mouth with these tissues if you don't be quiet felix" minho exclaims, and lix playfully holds his hands up in defense, before sticking his tongue out at the brown-haired boy who has jisung clinging onto him.

we're sitting in the school cafeteria, having lunch. everything is as chaotic as it usually is. hyunjin's hand hasn't left mine at all, not once, and seungmin is sitting with us today. he's been watching me the whole time, and i think hyunjin has caught on.

he glares at seungmin slightly, shooting daggers at him with his eyes.

i lean into hyunjin's side, whispering into his ear.

"it's fine, please don't do anything" he pauses, but finally switches his gaze over to me, a reassuring smile finally settling on his lips.

i squeeze his hand in my lap, joining back in the conversation.

i spot da-eun and a couple of her friends approaching our table. i wave at a couple of them, offering them small smiles.

she tells us she's having a party next weekend.

"you wanna go?" i turn my head towards him, to see him shrug.

"do you?"

"i don't know" i reply softly, to which he shrugs once more. hyunjin is in a mood.

"we should go" i say, and the boy doesn't do anything.

after a moments pause i am returned with an "okay."

"y/n, do you want to be in my vlog for today? we can film it after together school?" seungmin asks, i nod. there's no harm in this, i don't see any reason as to why i can practically see the jealousy oozing out of hyunjin.

"okay then! i'll meet you by the fountains!" just as the words leave seungmin's lips, my lap is empty. so is my hand.

"hyunjin-"

"i should head to class." he doesn't even let me finish before interrupting and standing up. everyone watches, including seungmin, their eyes darting between the two of us. our final lesson, art, begins in less than ten minutes.

we always go to art together, our safe haven.

i watch him walk away from our table, and out through the double doors, not looking back once. he didn't even kiss my forehead like he usually would. 

-

"nothing is going to happen" i whisper to hyunjin amongst our to teacher's talking.

"you don't have to be jealous" i say.

"i'm not jealous"

"you are" i reply firmly.

"but i'm not" he says blankly.

"okay then" i turn away from him. i'm fed up with his actions.

"maybe i am a little" hyunjin mumbles against my shoulder, as he places a kiss to it. his arm wraps loosely around my waist, and he shuffles closer to me. i smile, ignoring the glances from our fellow classmates.

"sorry" his words are muffled and low, but i can still understand him.

"i don't want you to worry, hyunjin"

"i'm trying not to" his words sting, i don't want him to hurt.

"i only want you"

"i know" he returns to his work, as do i.

-

seungmin greets his camera, before introducing me afterwards.

"this is y/n! a really good friend of mine!" i smile at seungmin's words, before turning to face the camera.

i introduce myself, politely, slightly nervous. i'm not sure of what this 'minilog' as he calls it involves.

seungmin leads us to a nearby cafe. it's rather picturesque. delicate, soft pink roses decorate the outside of the cafe. i'm going to take lots of pictures to show hyunjin.

"y/n! let's get cookies and sit by the park, and then we can pick out flowers and grab something to eat!" i nod accordingly, a guilty feeling washes over me. why does this feel like a date? i have no feelings for seungmin though, although hyunjin seems to think otherwise.

i pick out two types of cookies from the counter top, basic chocolate chip and sugar cookies. we also buy strawberry iced tea's.

seungmin vlogs inside of the shop, recording every single detail. the cashier smiles at how cute he is, and i do too.

he told me he's going to blur out the logo of our school uniform whilst he's editing.

as we're walking to the park, light breeze chilling my almost-bare legs, seungmin starts to ask me a bunch of questions.

i tell him i aspire to be an artist, and i explain where my interest in art sprouted from.

seungmin laughs at my jokes and smiles when i get embarrassed from the breeze making my skirt lift up. he's fun to be around.

the sun is setting, casting purple and pink hues all over the sky, "it's such a pretty sight," seungmin says. once he stops the vlog, he adds, "much like you"

"oh stop it," i roll my eyes.

"what? i'm telling the truth. you are really pretty, no wonder every guy in the school crushes on you."

"what? no they don't, seungmin."

"fine, don't believe me, but i know what i'm talking about" he shrugs as we start to head to the bus stop.

"yeah yeah" i bump his shoulder with mine,

seungmin was sweet today.

-

a/n!
guys i'm actually really sorry that i haven't updated in so long, exams gcses FINALS are literally in a week's time so i've been cramming😭 so this chapter was rushed :(
hope you had a great day!!

<3