f o r t y - t h r e e

(my boys, i love them so much)

chapter forty-three

i lay lazily in changbin's guest bed, aimlessly flicking through a list of dramas. i've told my parents that i'm at a friend's house, and they're okay with it as long as i'm okay and safe. changbin's parents are alright with it, plus his house has a some sort of comforting aura, so i like it here. i'll go home soon, though.

it's monday, everyone went to school today, aside from me. usually i'd think it's weird that i'm at a friends house all alone, but i don't care.

i don't think i can see seungmin yet.. not yet. i mean, how could he do something like this? we were so close.. and i, being an idiot that i am, thought he would respect that i just wanted to be friends with him. i have a relationship that i'm happy in, what couldn't he understand about that?

hours pass, i've moved to the living room. i hear keys jingle, and in through the front door comes jisung, jeongin, hyunjin, chan, changbin, jeongin, felix and minho. they're a big bunch. it does feel a little weird without seungmin.. he didn't hang with us often, but when he did, it felt complete.

but that doesn't matter now.

hyunjin greets me with a kiss to my forehead. i greet the rest of the boys like normal before resuming to my spot on the couch.

jeongin plops down next to me, his forehead is lined with sweat from the heat outside. it's officially feels like summer. this summer is going to be great, it's hyunjin and i's first one together as a couple, and i intend to spend every single day of it with him.

"anything happen with the girl from the party? you need to keep updating me jeongin" i ruffle the dyed hair on his head.

"i know i know! not much happened, i mean i barely saw her today" he says, frowning.

"what was her name again? sieun?" i ask, and he nods in return. the boys pass each other cold drinks, they look like they've been standing in the sun all day.

hyunjin sits down next to me, his sweat also meeting me. he wraps his arms around me, my face twists up in disgust.

"you're all sweaty!" i push him off me, as i notice what i was previously watching starts playing again.

"she smiled at me one of the few times i saw her though" jeongin gets all smiley on the other side of me and i giggle.

"that's progress! i mean your first kiss is already out of the way, what's next?" his cheeks grow red.

"i don't really count that as a first kiss, it was really more of a dare" chan adds from the kitchen, jeongin shrugs.

as jeongin rises from the couch to change out of his school uniform, hyunjin leans into me further.

"what'd you get up to today?" he mumbles as he kisses my cheek, i notice minho grimace from afar, then he starts to make vomiting sounds.

"you're just jealous because you're lonely" minho rolls his eyes at my words, resulting in our laughter.

"how are things with jisoo anyway?" i question.

minho simply shrugs, threading a hand through his messy head of hair.

i decide to just leave it, perhaps he's not ready to talk about it just yet.

"running man?" jisung points to the tv.

"running man it is."

-

i fell asleep on the couch, the living room is empty but snacks and cans are littered across the table. i think i need to stop sleeping for such long hours. they must've left, it's dark out. i should leave tomorrow morning, i'll go home.

i place my feet on the ground, accidentally stepping onto an empty packet. it crinkles, breaking the awful silence.

"you're awake?" a messy haired hyunjin steps through the living room door, bending down in front of me so that his head rests on my knees. he pushes my hair out of my face. i smile.

i analyse his features like usual, noticing tear tracks.

"hyunjin.. have you been crying?" he shakes his head no almost immediately, i furrow my brows.

"you have" i say, watching him move to sit next to me on the couch.

"it's nothing" he can't bring himself to look at me, not even slightly.

i place my hand on his knee, but he doesn't budge. "is there.. do you have something you want to tell me?" the hairs on the back of my neck rise as my body starts to react to the nervousness i'm dealing with.

"oh y/n" he pulls me in, so close, so tight, like he's never letting go. i watch tears fall from his eyes, but they're wiped away quickly with his sleeve.

"you're scaring me hyunjin, what is it?" i ask, i wish now that i did not ask.

finally, a small smile laces his lips. a reassuring smile.

"i'm leaving"

-
a/n
:(
hope you enjo- nvm