s i x t y - f i v e

chapter sixty-five

chapter sixty-five

"do you need a hand with that?"

a tale male with dark hair approaches me. his slender fingers graze my portfolio as he takes it from me, holding it with ease compared to me.

"oh, thank you"

"are you new here?" his eyes are soft yet intense. they look down at me, awaiting a response.

"yes, my name is y/n. what's yours?"

"choi yeonjun."

"hi yeonjun" i offer him a smile.

"yeonjun-ah! lets go! what are you doing?"

a girl rushes over to us, proceeding to tug on his shoulder. long wavy hair cascades down her shoulders. she's thin and tall, with rosy cheeks and supple skin. 

"who are you?" she asks in a forward manner, which actually makes me want to laugh.

"who are you?" i ask back, feeling a little intimidated by her stunning features.

"i'm jang wonyoung, the one and only." i swear there is a twinkle in her teeth as she smiles.

"it's nice to meet you wonyoung, i'm y/n"

"i hope we can be friends"

"mhm" she offers me an off putting smile and proceeds to link arms with yeonjun.

"uh i'll catch up with you later, y/n, it was nice meeting you" he hands me back my portfolio.

"you too!" is all i can manage before she yanks him away.

-

"welcome to SAA college programme! as all of you probably know getting into this academy isn't easy, let alone the college programme. so i would suggest all of you work your hardest as your places aren't secure." i feel my heart pound in my chest as the professor speaks.

he hands each of us a list of assignments to complete within the week, each one increasing in length as the list goes on. this somehow reminds me of the days i first met hyunjin.

*flashback*

"i've been doing art for fun pretty much my whole life, but something changed and now i've decided to pursue it" hyunjin says and i nod, still trying to come to terms with this bucketload of new information.

"so you're in this class, now?" he chuckles.

"i know i'm good-looking, but is it that hard to focus, pretty girl?"

"pretty girl?" i tilt my head to the side. he has got to stop with that.

"well you've given me nothing else to work with"

"y/n. my name is y/n. you don't have to refer to me as 'pretty girl' anymore"

"y/n." he thinks for a moment. "i like pretty girl much better. and you're right, i don't have to." hyunjin's lips curve up and he stands up, dropping my pencil.

"i want to"

*end of flashback*

my smile grows as that memory floods my mind. hyunjin really is a flirt.

-

"don't worry, this place isn't as bad as he's making out." i let out a sigh of relief, turning my head to see the person talking to me. it's yeonjun.

"you aren't new here either? then why are you in this class?"

"i dunno, i guess i have nothing better to do" i laugh at his words, gathering my belongings as the class is over. i don't even remember half of what the professor said and the class is already over. it's my first day and i'm already behind. great.

"want me to show you around?"

"sure" i say yes because it would be nice to have at least one friend here.

yeonjun shows me around the college campus, which is separate to the academy campus.

SAA has been my dream forever, since i painted my first portrait, and that dream only grew with hyunjin. he encouraged me to chase what i wanted, and to not give up although it was tough. i'll forever be grateful for that, and for him.

the campus is large and beautiful, filled with artistic brains much like mine. i'm happy that i'm able to spend the next few years here learning and improving my skills.

-

(a few weeks later)

"so it was good then?" hyunjin is on the phone. his phone is placed on his desk facing upward, but i can still see the hair encasing his face.

"yeah, yeonjun's party was fun. i invited the boys and they befriended yeonjun quickly. i forgot how sociable they are. and wonyoung is so nice to me. when we first met i thought she didn't like me but now she's actually really kind. i'm so tired now though, i need hangover soup.."

"are you two close now?"

"me and wonyoung?"

"no, you and yeonjun"

"i would say pretty close yeah"

"wow" what?

"what do you mean by that?" the atmosphere changed so quickly. even though we're not together, it's tense.

"nothing" his tone is flat.

"wait. are you jealous? no way you're actually.. jealous"

"well you talk about this yeonjun all the time it seems like you've taken a liking to him."

"hyunjin. yeonjun and i are nothing but friends." i reassure.

"doesn't seem like it" is he being serious right now? am i really the type to cheat after all we've been through?

"i love you. only you. when will you get that?"

he says nothing.

"we've gone through this before with seungmin, and i'm not dealing with this again"

"whatever"

"i didn't shut you out when i was worried about the girl texting me from your phone, i talked with you about it right?" my voice is raised, but i don't even care.

"y/n i'm not in the mood"

"what is your fucking problem?"

"my problem is that there's always gonna be someone or something pursuing you! he yells, his voice booming through the phone.

i take a step back from my phone, processing what just happened.

"and that's my fault?" i yell, my voice straining.

"i can't deal with this right now. goodnight" he ends the call from his side and i'm left alone to stare at the wall in silence.

"y/n?" my dad steps into my room, his eyes lined with tears. why is he crying?

i turn my head towards him, trying to hold my tears back.

"it's your mom"

-
a/n
hello my loves :)