e l e v e n

500 reads! tysm <3 (blonde long-haired hyunjin needs to make a comeback istg, as much as i love black short-haired hj)

chapter eleven

"bye lix!" the blonde-haired boy smiles at me before hugging me.

"where's my hug?" jisung sticks his bottom lip out.

"it was coming!" i hug him too at the same time as jeongin.

"you guys are so dramatic. you're literally going to see each other in like 2 days" hyunjin rolls his eyes.

"and that 2 days is a very long time" says lix.

-

we walk and talk and walk some more until our legs and mouths hurt from laughing too much. and walking for so long. we reach the bus stop that decided to be so far away from the party house.

eventually, the bus arrives and it's completely empty.

so it's just me and handsome hyunjin. and the bus driver, of course.

"my point is more valid" i rest my head on hyunjin's shoulder again, feeling slightly more lightheaded than before. i need to get into my bed.

i'm glad that he lets me do this.

"absolutely not" he says blankly.

"what? hyunjin!"

"you think that babies should be banned? what sort of sense does that make?" i lift my head up to look at him.

"every bit of sense. they're annoying and smelly and totally useless"

"says you. so i take it that means that you don't want kids someday?"

"absolutely not" i reply.

"well that hurts. but fair enough" he sighs.

"let's get off here" hyunjin stands up, pulling me off the bus. after taking a few more steps i realise we are at the convenience store.

where hyunjin and i first met.

"wait here" he sits me down on a large rock before running into the shop.

before i can blink, he's back.

"for you" hyunjin hands me a light bag, i pull it open to see hangover soup.

"what on earth would i do without my handsome hyunjin?" hyunjin smiles before pulling that face.

that face im starting to adore.

"okay i'll seriously stop now. maybe. and thanks!"

"can you believe it's only been a few weeks since we met here?" he sits down beside me.

"it feels like we've known each other forever" he plays with his fingers, i do the same.

"hyunjin?" my voice is softer now, i'm tired.

"mhmm" he pulls his bottom lip between his teeth, gazing down at me. i let out a deep breath, opening my mouth to speak.

"please don't stop being my friend. ever. i think i need you now, more than i thought i could" his lips form a frown at my words and all i wish is for the ground to swallow me up whole.

"y/n" his voice is firm, i can't really tell what he's going to say next, and it's bugging me.

he pauses, contemplating.

"promise me" i take a deep breath.

"i can't promise that, y/n" hyunjin gives a little huff through his nose.

"you're really drunk right now, well, less than before, and you probably won't remember much of this tomorrow" he pauses, his sunken eyes dart towards mine. but, i don't think we'll be friends forever"

well, that hurts, quite a lot more than i would've imagined.

"you don't?"

"i don't" he repeats.

"okay" i hope he doesn't recognise the hurt behind my voice. i gaze into the trees, searching form something to set my gaze on. hopefully a bear will come out of the bushes and sweep me away, that would be much better than sitting here with hyunjin, only for him to place me back into square one.

it must've been something i did.
i knew it, they're all too perfect for someone like me. they've probably been planning on telling me this for a while, and got hyunjin to do it just rather than all of them just so i would be less hurt. well i'm not.
at least i've got art, at least i'm a little good at something.

"you'll see why soon" what? i'm confused. my poor brain can't take this, along with the infested alcohol.

"what do you mean?" i question.

"nothing" i notice his lips are parted, plush and pink against the moonlight.

his eyes flick down to my lips.

"hyunjin-" somehow, my words are cut off because those parted, plush and pink against the moonlight lips are pressing against mine.

-
a/n!
ssshsjskskskjs ok i'm getting wayyy to excited
what do you think may happen next?!?!
hope you liked this chapter, <333

also, when i first wrote the bit at the top of the chapter, it was before the mama awards. then i watch them and BOOM hyunjin has LONG BLONDE HAIR, of course i die and scream and evaporate and whatnot but isn't it weird that my wishes sort of came true?! of course they were only extensions but hey, it was good while it lasted.