s i x

chapter six

chapter six

the piercing sun shines through to my eyes, blinding me as i squint them awake.

i squeeze my poor eyes shut, whispering "five more minutes" to myself.

"you'll be late to school, y/n." the voice. it's that voice.

hyunjin's voice.

i furrow my brows in perplexity, snapping my eyes open to see hyunjin peering over my face.

"hyunjin? what the fuck are you doing here?" i immediately jump out of bed and push him out of the door, slamming it shut.

he laughs through the door, as i wipe drool off the corner of my mouth.

"your mother let me in. i thought we could walk to school together" he says. i groan, checking my phone to confirm the fact that it is morning.

"you could've waited in the living room!" i run into the bathroom to brush my teeth, and sort myself out.

"but i wanted to see you in your most adorable state" he laughs again.

"adorable?! i look like a zombie!" i throw on my uniform, combing through the massive dump that is my hair.

"an adorable zombie. can i come in please?"

"but i'm not ready yet!" i exclaim, picturing his expression through the piece of wood that separates us.

"do you have clothes on?"

"um yes?"

"well then let me in then!"

"fine!" i open to the door to see a wide grin on those pretty lips of his, staring at me.

hyunjin strides in, fiddles with a few things on my desk, looks at a few different pictures and posters i have hung up and laughs to himself.

"i'm finding it hard to understand what could possibly be amusing you, hwang hyunjin"

"you. your strange taste for... well everything"

"don't you dare come for my strange taste. yes, it's definitely strange but it's different, and i like it" he smiles at me as i sort my bag out.

he opens a drawer, laughing at what he sees.

"and it's the nasty flavour too!" he's referring to my preferred ramen flavour. a drawer full of it, neverending.

i scoff, grabbing it out of his hands. "i must say hyunjin, i would've never befriended you had i known you would be this rude!" i roll my eyes at the boy before we burst into laughter.

"no take backs." hyunjin narrows his eyes, closing the front door behind himself.

-

"felix!! stop stealing my kimchi! you have plenty there!" i let out a small chuckle as the blonde-haired boy sticks his chopsticks into my bowl, then stuffing his mouth with my food, shrugging.

he gulps, cleaning his mouth. "your food tastes way better. sorry not sorry" i roll my eyes at him.

the school cafeteria is extremely loud and full of students. before this week i would have never come in here, so i'm not used to it.

"i'm gonna get ear damage after this" i glance at hyunjin who's sitting on my left at the table, watching his cheeks puff up with food.

"i blame you!" i exclaim, they all laugh at my words.

it's been a week since i went to hyunjin's house.

hyunjin and i have been hanging out every single day. we're supposed to be working on our project, but we barely get any work done.

we walk, and talk and walk some more. until our voices and legs are tired. barely.

now it's friday, and hyunjin told me yesterday that he would take me somewhere after school. i can't help but feel excited.

"y/n!" yeji's voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

"i've been calling your name over and over! what were you thinking about?"

"oh, nothing important" i glance at hyunjin who's eyes are focused on his phone screen.

"yeah right" she rolls her eyes at my words, and i stick my tongue out at her.

"what did you want?"

"to tell you that there's a party tomorrow!"

"you have to come y/n. you have no choice." jeongin says and i nod.

"sure, but i have no experience with parties. so you have to help me, yeji"

"of course! i'm the perfect person for this! sorry channie, but no movie night today. we'll do it on sunday!" she squeals and chan glares at me playfully.

"y/n!" he groans and everyone laughs.

jisung and minho sit down at the table, squashing themselves in.

oh yeah, i met jisung, and minho. earlier this week.

and minho's girlfriend, jisoo. she's nice but... she's the type that only really cares about herself.

jisung and minho greet everyone, changbin steals jisung's juice box, grinning.

"where's jisoo?"

"learning dances with other girls in the dance studio"

"y/n! we have to go join them!" she stands up, pulling me from the table.

hyunjin shakes his head, and my heart softens.

"i'll see you after school?" he looks sad but he nods nonetheless.

i push my tray to felix, who then exclaims "yes!"

i wish the others goodbye before heading to the dance studio with yeji.

-

a/n
filler chapter lol, and this was written in like 2 mins while i am super tired, but i hope u still enjoyed <3