f o r t y - n i n e

(i updated the intro pics! you can go check out the improvements if you want!)

chapter forty-nine

"never have i ever eaten an insect because i was hungry"

what kind of a question is that? i laugh regardless. everyone is playing, people from different classes, a few unfamiliar faces, but so far it's been fun.

jisung's hand slowly rises. "han jisung!"

"what? don't look so surprised. i was so hungry, and i was locked outside of my house, the ant was just calling my name-"

most people pull disgusted faces at him, but jisung doesn't seem to care much.

"never have i ever shoplifted?"

a few hands go up, which is unexpected.

"never have i ever done it in the school bathroom?"

a lot of hands go up, along with a few laughs and cheers bouncing around. i giggle, but my hand rests in my lap.

i glance at chan, of course his hand is up. so is yeji's. hyunjin's hand is also up.

he laughs and i roll my eyes.

"i don't even want to know" i state, folding my arms playfully.

hyunjin puts an arm around my shoulder, kissing my temple, warm lips grazing my skin. i feel my stomach tingle.

"never have i ever had sex," almost everyone's puts their hands up.

"..with more than one person in a day" i gasp, glad to be seeing hands slowly falling.

what an interesting game.

-

the smell of murky lake water fills my nose, but i try not to let it affect me too much. the sun is bright and high, creating shadows for everybody.

"today you'll be canoeing!" the camp instructor tells us. she has a bit of an accent, i can't tell what it is though.

"you'll need to pair up, then choose a canoe, and after that i will tell you what to do next"

this should be fun. i've always enjoyed water activities.

a couple minutes later, i change my mind.

"felix i swear if you tip this boat over!"

"i won't!" he laughs uncontrollably, deep voice rippling through the air.

everyone is splashing and having fun, laughing and living in the moment. it feels good right now, like this. if only felix wasn't making me feel like i'm going to die. but besides that, this is the last time we're all going to be together, so we might as well make the most of it.

-
after camp activities, the eight of us sit by the lake edge, talking about the most random things.

"how didn't any of you hear what i just said?"

"sorry, ji, i zoned out about halfway through" chan says, laughing.

"yeah, i got distracted by something in the distance" changbin adds.

"ignoring you was actually a conscious decision i made" hyunjin words fill me with laughter, but i keep it suppressed, due to the look of astonishment on jisung's face.

"don't worry sung, i was listening" minho says.

"really?" a hopeful smile replaces his heartache.

"no" unfortunately, my chuckles are let out, along with everyone else's.

a few minutes later, chan lifts his head out of his hands.

"guys, we should sneak out, to the store or something" chan suggests.

"what?! no! we'll get caught! are you trying to get us in trouble?" jeongin states.

"we won't, i'll make sure of it. and what's wrong with a little trouble?"

"everything" jeongin says.

"i'm with jeongin on this one, are you sure this is a good idea?" i ask.

"no- but it's worth a try!"

-

when we eventually get to the store after a series of bickering whether we'll get caught or not, we finally make it to the store.

but the sign says closed.

"this is your fault, felix" jisung scoffs.

"how is this my fault?" felix questions, eyes wide with curiousity.

"i don't know. it just is"

"what are we gonna do now?"

"i don't know, but we have to be quick before anyone notices we're gone" changbin responds and i give him a nod.

minho leans against the door, and i watch it push open. hyunjin furrows his brows, confused.

"yes! someone must've forgotten to lock it?" jisung shrugs.

"this is breaking and entering" jeongin says, but follows everyone in regardless.

"not if it's already open, and we're not breaking anything. plus we'll leave money" i hear chan's voice echoing and bouncing off the walls. the boys are running down the aisles, grabbing anything that they could possibly shove in their mouths from the shelves.

i also grab a packet of my favourite snacks, and stuff them into my mouth.

i sigh, sitting on a chair at the front of the dimly-lit supermarket.

"good?" hyunjin laughs watching me stuff myself.

"so good. the camp food is so not yummy" i tell him.

he laughs. "like eggplant," he then ruffles my hair, grinning.

"you're actually not weird for disliking eggplant"

hyunjin starts to hold firm eye contact with me, like we're playing a game. the staring game, as i quickly name it. a smile plays about on his lips.

"stop smiling like that" i look away, feeling my insides turn upside down.

"why?" he pouts.

"because it does things to me that i'd rather not talk about"

he grins once again, eyes forming little lines.

"you're stepping on my foot hyunjin"

he looks as if he's about to apologise, but his words tell me otherwise.

"good" he chuckles, he's amused by his own silly humour.

"i hate you" hyunjin gasps, i roll my eyes playfully.

"love, you mean"

"okay maybe a little bit of both"

-
a/n!
i'm so sorry for the wait!
i actually like this chapter 🤭
also, if you didn't come from my tiktok, you guys should follow it for more wonderful skz content! it's @hellopixies 🌝

hope you enjoyed!