f i f t y - e i g h t

chapter fifty-eight

chapter fifty-eight

"do you want to take a bath, or a shower?"

"a shower, maybe" i'm nervous. i'm not sure as to why, but right now i feel exposed and vulnerable. i also have something weighing in my mind, that i desperately need to bring to light to him.

"you okay?" he can read the unsettledness on my face.

"yes. i'm okay. and you know what, i think you should run a bath instead" i say.

"whatever you want" his lips curve up into a loving smile before he switches on the tap.

-

my back is flush against his chest, suds and soap float at the surface of the water as he washes my impurities away.

i lay my head back on his shoulder, relaxed and blithe. it smells like bliss, feels like bliss, it is bliss. hyunjin made sure to use bath salts and body scrubs and candles to make this utterly perfect.

the soft tunes he has playing in the background are casually lulling me to sleep, along with the gentle caress of my thighs beneath the water.

he made me wait in the bedroom while he prepared the bath, he insisted on it. all hyunjin wants is for me to feel loved and cared for, and i know he'll try his best to do so, even if we can't always be together anymore.

his lips, pink and full, graze against my skin, pressing delicate kisses to my shoulder bones. i hum along to the music, eyes firmly closed.

"is the water warm enough?" i turn my head around to face him at the sound of his voice. i'm met with the softest eyes on mine, filled with pure adoration and affection. i stare at him for a few seconds, admiring him silently. "y/n" he calls out in almost a whisper, but i'm not ready to leave my thoughts just yet.

it is an understatement that hyunjin is pretty. he's one of the most beautiful human beings i have ever met. how he is my boyfriend i will never be able to fully comprehend. but he is mine, that i know. the mistakes that he has made show me that there's room for improvement within everyone. i'll never forget them, but i can't hold them against him forever.

before i know it, a tear has slipped from the corner of my eye.

"y/n.. why are you crying?" my lips stretch into a lazy smile.

"because.. i don't know. i'm just happy here with you right now, like this." his eyes soften as he leans down to kiss my forehead.

"i'm sorry, you probably wanted to.. and i've ruined it by crying"

he shakes his head. "you mean so much to me, you know that? i just want to spend time with you. if i could spend all my time with you, i would" hyunjin gazes at me like i'm the most precious in the world.

"i love you, so much. i always will. when you're sad, when you're happy, even when you're five thousand miles away from me. my love for you will never cease, y/n, only grow"

-
a/n!
i yet again apologise for such slow updates :(
i will my try my best to update regularly:))

i hope everyone had a lovely christmas, and a happy new year!

edit: yes this is probably not the chapter you had in mind or were waiting for, but rest assured the goods will be delivered soon. :D