t w e n t y - s i x

chapter twenty-six

chapter twenty-six

"why weren't we invited to eat with you guys?!" jeongin storms towards our booth, as changbin lifts his head of the table. hyunjin, jisung and felix follow him not far behind.

"oh, we were gonna call jisung but then we forgot, sorry innie" felix slides in next to me, stealing food from my plate. jeongin and hyunjin sit down also.

"how did you know we were here?" minho asks.

"your instagram" lix replies. "you post too much food on that account, minho" says bang chan. minho narrows his eyes at him.

"food is precious, okay?"

"yeah channie, you need some. so eat up" i push my plate of fries in front of chan before he smiles, sticking one into his mouth.

"y/n" i hear hyunjin's voice, and i stop scrolling on my phone to meet eyes with him.

"is your group almost finished with your dance routine?" i fight the urge to push hyunjin's fallen strand of hair out of his eyes like i usually would, but others would think too much of it. i don't know what we are, or what we're doing. but i do know that i like him.

and i am almost one-hundred percent sure he likes me too.

i mean come on, we kissed. unless hyunjin just kisses anyone, because then that would be a different story. 

"yeah, almost. but our group leader ye-rin won't give us a break!"

"yeah, well at least your group leader isn't hyunjin, who makes us dance for 2 hours straight" lix adds, rolling his eyes. hyunjin is just like ye-rin.

"i'm just trying to prepare us well enough, stop complaining" hyunjin replies to the blonde-haired boy.

"i'm going to order something, who's coming with me?" jeongin asks, rising to his feet.

jisung follows him, before the two head off too the ordering till.

changbin starts to sing a song about how much he loves felix and jeongin and jisung, and not minho. lix chuckles.

"hey! i'm your hyung! you should love me the most!" minho exclaims, nudging him playfully in return.

"sorry, i don't" changbin teases before continuing his song.

"what about me?" hyunjin pouts playfully tapping changbin's shoulder.

"i'm-" the bell of the door to the shop rings, signalling that someone is entering, cutting off changbin's next words.

we don't see who enters at first, but we do once they approach our booth.

"oh, hey you guys!" hyunjin's face immediately turns sour once he sees seungmin. felix bows and so does chan, greeting him. changbin waves and i wave also.

seungmin is here with a couple of his other new friends, they greet us also.

"we were just passing by... and sunghoon here spotted you guys through the window. so i thought we'd come in to say hi" seungmin explains, jungwon smiling his face off.

"ahh, okay. and what's got you so happy, jungwon?" chan asks, i've gathered that they're good friends.

"oh, nothing. i was just thinking about something." jungwon's beaming smile is bouncing off the walls.

"is your group ready for the dance competition yet?" hyunjin asks jungwon who nods politely in response.

i've always found yang jungwon very cute.

"yep, heeseung and jaeyun are slacking behind a little-"

"-i almost forgot!" seungmin interrupts, "our dance teacher said i should join one of the groups, i don't know who to join though.."

"well you could join ours!" jeongin offers, as the both of them stroll back, holding trays of food.

"oh really? that's why you're my favourite jeongin" seungmin replies smiling.

i gulp, glancing at hyunjin who simply stares at jeongin harshly.

"okay... we'll be off now. bye guys" seungmin and jungwon head out of the restaurant.

"bye jungwon!" i yell, to which jungwon happily replies with his own goodbye.

just as soon as they leave, a ping chimes from my phone.

i glance up directly at hyunjin to see him smiling at me.

but just before i can read the message my phone is snatched from my hands by an eager felix.

i try to grasp it back from him, but he laughs in my face.

"i've been thinking about our kiss a lot today" felix reads aloud from my phone, and i hide my face in my hands as everyone gasps.

"what? what kiss? y/n!" jeongin exclaims, glancing at the text.

i know it's from hyunjin. thank god i saved him as something other than his name.

"i- um-" i snatch my phone back, rubbing my cheeks whilst looking into my lap to try and hide my embarrassment.

but i widen my eyes once i read that the text is in fact not from hyunjin, but an unknown sender.

"yeah y/n, start explaining" my eyes dart over to hyunjin's, who can't seem to hide the jealously radiating from him.

-
a/n!
o d d i n a r y
i pre-ordered it the day after it was released!! how does skz expect me to save up for the world tour when i'm buying all this comeback stuff 😭😭

ok hope u like this chapter!! (and the enhypen feature teehee)