f o r t y - e i g h t

chapter forty-eight

chapter forty-eight

"are you hurting?" hyunjin made love to me for what felt like hours tonight, and as a result i'm a little bit sore from that. i don't want to worry him, so i tell him no.

it felt different tonight from the first, i felt safer and calmer this time. this time it was slow, achingly slow, yet so full of passion and love. all i can do now is crave for him more.

hyunjin took his time with me tonight as if i was the only thing on his mind. especially afterwards, he cared for me with that blindingly beautiful smile on his face. he even wanted to run me a bath, but i declined, simply because it is too late and my parents would hear the water running.

"what am i gonna do without you, hyunjin?" his presence alone is lulling me to sleep already. the warmth of his body flush against mine, and the gentle caress of my back with his hands only just pulls me closer toward sleep.

"everything you do right now. eat, sleep, paint, you know, the usual" his voice is soft, softer than i remember. but my mind is hazy and begging for sleep. every breath he lets out tickles my neck, but i don't want to giggle, i don't want to ruin this moment.

"you're gonna be gone for a long time, and i'm used to being around you all the time." i mutter, watching his eyes slowly flutter closed.

"i know but, you have to get used to it. like i will. i know it'll be hard, but just think of it like i'm going on a really long, year-long vacation." i deadpan.

hyunjin removes my hand from his waist with his own, pulling it out from under the covers. he lifts it to his lips, gently kissing my knuckles. 

"but it's not like that" i frown.

"imagine it like that" he kisses my frown away.

"let's get some sleep, hmm?" his lips press against my forehead.

i don't respond. i just stare at his chest, although he can't see my face.

"but-"

"stop thinking about it y/n, everything is gonna be okay" i want to believe him when he says this. but i just don't know if i can.

"i love you" he says, sleep laced in his voice.

"me too. i love you too"

-

"finally! we're free!" felix exclaims, whooping and cheering at the fact that our exams are finally over, and that we get to go on a much needed trip in a couple of hours.

"yeah, i definitely fucked those" jisung sighs out, shaking his head. i giggle at him.

"i told you to study" chan grins widely, ruffling jisung's messy curls.

"yeah, you should've come to our late night study sessions" jeongin adds, dumping his school books into a nearby trash can as we head out of the building.