Going About Gratitude in the Wrong Way

The Sohma Family did indeed have a secret that only Tohru Honda knew, and she was keeping it to herself. The reason for her keeping it to herself, however, was not anything like what the fan club girls thought it was. Thirteen members of the Sohma family, Kyo, Yuki and first-years Hatsuharu and Momiji Sohma included, changed into the twelve animals of the Chinese Zodiac. Kyo, however, changed into the cat from the Zodiac folktale, which was the reason for his orange hair.

Tohru Honda was chatting it up with Kyo Sohma, and he smiled the whole time. He was actually more lost in her own smile than usual. Then, the Prince Yuki Fan Club girls just had to interrupt them and talk to them all while foolishly thinking they were doing Kyo a favor.

Tohru Honda: Oh, hi, everyone. What are you doing here? I didn't expect for us to run into others on our way home.

Tohru was not aware of the looks the Prince Yuki Fan Club girls were giving her. She was also blissfully unaware that they thought she was taunting them by saying she did not expect to see them. In reality, she was just being her usual innocent, completely naïve self when she told them this. Kyo, however, was less than pleased with the interruption. So displeased with the fan club girls' interruption, in fact, that his smile disappeared the instant the fan girls walked up to the two of them.

Kyo Sohma: Yeah, they came, we saw them, now let's go, Tohru. I want wanna get home so I can go to the dojo to visit Master.

Unlike Tohru Honda, Kyo Sohma seemed to be a bit more knowledgeable to the fan club girls' intentions for his own beloved. Fortunately for the two of them, the fan club girls were so distracted by the information that Kyo Sohma apparently studied martial arts at a dojo, no less, that they were blown away by it enough to distract them from their supreme goal of getting Tohru Honda away from even Kyo Sohma.

Motoko Minagawa: Kyo Sohma is a student at a martial arts dojo. Kyo Sohma studies martial arts... and at a dojo, no less. Kyo's a martial arts student.

Minami Kinoshita: That would certainly explain the arm bar he put on that one girl in our class when she grabbed his arm the day he first came to this school.

Mio Yamagishi: I just thought of something. Do any of you guys think that Yuki could've studied at the same martial arts dojo as his orange-haired cousin?

Rika Aida: That is a possibility that we shouldn't ever rule out, especially considering that the prince is as talented as he is at sports.

Motoko Minagawa: I am in full agreement with your theory, Mio. You are absolutely right about it, too, Rika. The prince's natural talent in sports must root from years upon years of studying at a martial arts dojo. We must use this opportunity to learn more about the prince.

Mio Yamagishi: Well, Kyo Sohma-senpai, what else does your cousin, Yuki, do in his daily life?

But, it was too late. Kyo Sohma and Tohru Honda had already disappeared from their sight.

Minami Kinoshita: They're both gone. She must've whisked him away while we were wondering the same thing about Yuki.

Motoko Minagawa: That witch is going to pay for using our intrigue with Yuki and his family as a distraction.

They all thought that Tohru Honda was the one who whisked Kyo Sohma away, but contrary to such a belief, it was actually quite the other way around.