Kyo's Fittingly Understandable Paranoia

The next day at school, none of them knew it yet, but things at Kaibara High School were about to get extremely nasty in a huge way between Tohru and the Sohmas' fangirls, and Tohru was about to lose several of her newest acquaintances.

Tohru Honda: I really hope that today is good day, don't you, Yuki? Kyo?

Yuki Sohma: I hope it's a good day today, too. But, why are you saying you hope?

Tohru didn't know how to tell the prince that she had been having a hard time with his fan club, lately. Tohru struggled to speak up about what she was going through with her friend's fan girls.

Tohru Honda: Oh um, it's just that, um_ isn't the weather too nice to for today to be a bad day?

Yuki Sohma: Well, Miss Honda, it is partially cloudy, but still a bit warm, I suppose, even considering we have to wear our winter uniforms, right now.

So, Kyo simply took over for Tohru after much struggling to speak up to Yuki.

Kyo Sohma: Oh, for God's sake, it's because these past two days, your so-called fan club girls have been trying to mug Tohru and get her away not just from me, but from all of us. Dammit, I hate not being able to just tell everyone about our living arrangements.

Yuki then kicked Kyo down to his knees, knowing full well that it would also mean telling the whole school the truth about their zodiac curse.

Yuki Sohma: Ask yourself this, you idiot. 'Even if they found out the reason Miss Honda is always with us, would it make her situation with these jealous fangirls any better than it is now?' You remember how her own friends reacted upon learning about her living situation. These fangirls would go completely ballistic if they found out about it.

Arisa Uotani: The prince has even more of a point than usual, Carrots. Use your head every once in a while, why don't you?

Saki Hanajima: Exactly. Tohru's life whenever she's visited by the Prince Yuki Fan Club girls may hard on her right now, but if the fangirls were to actually learn of her living arrangements, it would only worsen her situation with them. I know how you must feel about the way those girls treat Tohru, but letting them find out her living situation would only make things all the worse for her.

Arisa Uotani: I understand what you're getting at, too, Carrots. But, Tohru has Hana-chan and me protecting her, and they're way too obsessed with figuring out Hana's weakness to actually consider the idea of asking Tohru to let them into her house, instead. With that in mind, they're all too dumb to even think up the idea to follow Tohru home instead.

Kyo Sohma: You're not wrong about how dumb they are, but I just have this feeling in my gut telling me that the fan club girls might gain an ally in their plans to end Tohru. An ally who actually is smart enough to think of the idea to follow Tohru home instead of focusing on finding out Wave Girl's weakness. I don't know if it's a rational fear or just raving paranoia, but whatever it is, I just can't shake the feeling off.

Kyo Sohma: I can't even find it in myself to relax with that kind of feeling looming over my head, either.

Suddenly, Kyo started to yawn in the same way a cat would, true to his zodiac spirit.

Arisa Uotani: I swear, Carrots! You really are just like a cat. You even yawn like a cat would. What? Are you really nothing but a cat trapped in a human body?

She was only joking about it, but Kyo, Tohru, and Yuki suddenly tensed up at what Uo-chan suddenly asked Kyo.

Saki Hanajima: I can see it, too, Arisa. It's almost as though Kyo Sohma really is a just cat spirit trapped by the bars of a human male teenager's body.

Kyo Sohma's brain: I really need to learn to control my cat-like reflexes whenever these two are with Yuki, Tohru, and me.

Kyo Sohma: I-I-I apologize for yawning. S-S-Since, you know, yawning is contagious. It's just that feeling I have about the fan club girls gaining an actually smart ally, it was so bad last night, I was actually plagued all night long by nightmares about Tohru suddenly getting jumped by the fangirls just for being as close to our family as she is.

Arisa Uotani: Wow, do you have it bad for Tohru, Carrots. I knew that already, but I never would've guessed that you could have it this bad for Tohru. I guess I'll hold you to your word about your gut feeling. But, I still think those fan club girls are still far too dumb to think of such an idea, no matter who chooses to ally with them or how smart that person might be.

Saki Hanajima: I agree. It might be something I would consider, if they weren't so obsessed with stopping Arisa and myself from being capable of protecting our dear friend. But all in all, I greatly appreciate your genuine concern for our Tohru.

Kyo was unaware of it, himself, but he was right about the fangirls gaining an ally who was actually smart. The real mystery was why not even Saki was on to Naohito's scheme to become Motoko and the rest of the fan club girls' new hero in Kyo's place.

Naohito Sakuragi: Excellent. President Yuki Sohma, Uotani-senpai, even Hanajima-senpai don't suspect a thing. That Tohru Honda really doesn't suspect anything. President Yuki Sohma's orange-haired cousin is the only true wild card in the area of suspicion, but it's a good thing they don't believe him.

Unfortunately for Sakuragi, he did his gloating while he was walking away from the group of friends just close enough for Saki to hear the whole thing.

Saki Hanajima's thoughts: I'll show who's on to you and who's not, you little twerp.