Joined by Their Younger Counterparts

Meanwhile, Kyo and Tohru were well on their way back to Shigure Sohma's house, with Kyo holding Tohru's hand all the way there, albeit walking slightly faster than she could even handle.

Tohru Honda: Kyo, why did we leave so suddenly? Wasn't it a bit rude to ignore Kinoshita and the others?

Kyo suddenly let go of Tohru's hand and stopped to take a break from their walk home.

Kyo Sohma: Are you even listening to yourself? Could you not see the looks on their faces?

Tohru was as innocently clueless as ever to the truth about Minami and the rest of the fan club girls, she could not even see what Kyo was talking about.

Kyo Sohma (continued): You mean to tell me you actually thought they were approaching you out of friendliness? Those are the same girls who get a laugh in giving you a bad time just for hanging out with that damn rat, Yuki. They're the Prince Yuki Fan Club girls, for pity's sake! You need to learn to be more aware of other people's intentions. You're just too trusting for your own good.

Hiro and Kisa Sohma were also on their way to Shigure's house to visit Tohru and happened to have overheard Kyo's monologue to her.

Hiro Sohma: I don't know. Since they have it out for this stupid, foolish little girl like the cat says they do, they don't sound all that bad. Not as bad as the cat's making them sound like, anyway.

Tohru became weary of Hiro's comment about the fan club girls apparently having it out for her. Luckily, she could always count on Kisa to straighten Hiro's attitude out. There was also Kyo who, being just like Tohru's knight in shining armor, was right there to back Kisa up in standing up for her metaphorical older sister.

Whether Kyo helped her stand up for Tohru because it helped the little tiger girl see Kyo in a better light than she normally did, or because of the fact that she knew without a doubt just how in love Kyo was with Tohru, Kisa never seemed to know. Luckily for the way Kisa always saw Kyo, she never really cared exactly what his reasons were for ever helping her stand up for Tohru in the first place, either. She was just happy to have someone as physically strong as him be on her side in the matter.

Kisa Sohma: Hiro, that wasn't nice. You shouldn't praise such a mean sentiment.

Kyo Sohma: Watch your mouth, you little punk! At best, those Prince Yuki Fan Club girls are that damn rat's psychotic stalkers. At worst, they're unwanted, unnecessary, and above all else, they're worse and more insane than Kagura because they're like her, but without the vision to see Tohru in even a tolerable way, never mind a friendly way.

Every time she and Hiro came over to Shigure's house to visit Tohru, Kisa would start to see Kyo in a way that only got better and better the more times the cat managed to help her come to Tohru's defense whenever Hiro would make a rude comment about her. Kisa did not even seem to care that Kyo only helped her for Tohru's sake. It just reminded her all the more that no matter how afraid Kisa was of him, Kyo continued to be in love with Tohru, the girl whom she viewed as the greatest older sister figure Kisa had ever known.

Kyo Sohma (continued): Come on, that stupid pervert dog is probably waiting for us back at the house.

Hiro Sohma: Crap! The cat's right. We shouldn't keep the crude canine waiting any further, I guess.

Although he found them to be a nuisance, Shigure's perverted antics were probably one of the only things that Kyo could actually agree on with the bratty half-pint of a little boy who turned into a sheep when hugged by a girl. No matter what Kyo thought of Hiro, the fact remained that they could have been like brothers with the way both of them acted.