What Do I Even Have To Live For?

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: I see, you're really willing to surrender your hope to the idea that you couldn't deserve the girl you love the most in the world any less, even if you were to actually try to be less fit to be with her. You really, truly believe that you're not at all fit to father this girl's children. I must say, of all the Sohmas with issues in self-confidence, you have got to be the least confident of them all. I wish you well in your relationship with Tohruko Honda going from here. Just don't fall back on your old methods and blame Yuki for when your own lack of confidence in all that you do and have already done for Tohruko finally sends the poor girl to an early grave.

Kyo wasn't sold on Hikari's warning of the future that would come if he continued feeling as undeserving of Tohru as he did. Hikari could see that fact in the way Kyo got the cruel smirk back onto his face and chuckled.

Kyo Sohma: I think you mean if my lack of confidence is what leads to an early death for Tohru. Face it, Hikari. I'm nothing to her, I'm nothing to anyone whatsoever, always have been, always will be. Even Master took me in just to say, "Sorry for the way you're treated." It's not like anyone is capable of actually loving me. No one will ever love me enough to make me feel hopeful again in any way possible.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: With an attitude like that, I'm afraid that no one's ever gonna be capable of favoring you even as a cursed zodiac Sohma. I'd also have to say that no one is capable of favoring you even as a human being.

Kyo Sohma: Yeah, right. Like I even am a human, at all. I'm about as much of a human as you are a living being.

Hikari suddenly felt offended by this and started to tear up in sadness. She slapped Kyo's face in hurt retaliation for his comment.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: Whether I'm a live human or the immortal guardian of the zodiac curse, I'm still a living being, and so are you, Kyo, no matter what you think of yourself.