An After School Hours Assembly

At the end of the school day, Naohito was finally ready to get the favor that Hiroshi and Yusuke owed him and get them to rat out Tohru and the Sohmas for him. Then, he could add that Tohru and Kyo even kissed one another, albeit on the cheeks. Still, it was outside of even the other Sohmas' knowledge. He was all set and ready to be Motoko's new hero. Unfortunately for both Tohru's safety and Kyo's worried state of mind, Saki 'Hana-chan' Hanajima, the only one who had finally believed Kyo about his fear for Tohru's sake, had to go home early for her own grandmother's birthday. But before going home for the celebration, she had told Arisa to still stick around to help in case it would be needed. The thug-girl was a bit reluctant to stay for the assembly, but agreed when she heard that hers and the psychic goth's joint friend, Tohru, might have just been at stake, just as Kyo had feared she was.

Arisa Uotani: Yo, Tohru, Prince, Carrots, what's the haps?

Yuki Sohma: You know the students who were assigned to my presidency term, Miss Uotani?

Arisa Uotani: Uh-huh, I think there are four others total. What their names, again?

Yuki Sohma: Kakeru Manabe, a second year, is my vice president; Machi Kuragi, a first year, is the treasurer of my term; Kimi Todou is the rather troublesomely flirtatious second-year secretary; and Naohito Sakuragi is the first-year secretary who always seems to be frowning.

Arisa Uotani: Yeah, there was also something that I think you said a while ago about the vice president and the treasurer of your term as president being half-siblings. Was it same mom with different dads or same dad with different moms?

Yuki Sohma: It was the latter, with a familial mess that could perhaps easily rival even that of the Sohmas', themselves.

Arisa Uotani: So, is this about them, too?

Yuki Sohma: No, it actually looks like it's all about the first-year secretary, Naohito Sakuragi.

Arisa Uotani: Really? Him? I thought he was from the commonwealth circle at the school, you know, as common as Tohru and I both are.

Yuki Sohma: He did say that he had a completely average upbringing, but it still sounds like it could be important, no matter the social class of the member.

Momiji Sohma: So, you think this will be anything interesting?

Momiji surprised them with his presence. Then, upon seeing her, he made a move to try to give Tohru a cuddle attack.

Momiji Sohma (continued): Tohru, you're here, too. I always knew that destiny held a hand in our meetings together.

Momiji was stopped short from hugging Tohru, though. Kyo saved them this time from almost being discovered in front of the whole school, by pushing Momiji to the ground and away from Tohru. Momiji just responded with his usual crocodile tears.

Momiji Sohma (continued): Waaaaaaaaaaah, somebody help me! Kyo's being mean to me, again.

Kyo Sohma: We're still in public, you idiot! You can't do that here, at all. Grow a concept of personal space, why don't you?

As usual, Yuki tried his hardest to see Kyo as the villain and Momiji as the innocent party in the situation and hit Kyo, using Kakeru Manabe's move with three times the power.

Yuki Sohma: Not like you're ever any better than he is. You have perverted dreams about Miss Honda.

Arisa stopped the prince before he could get too far in his quest to finally end Kyo. For the first time since meeting him, Arisa Uotani, of all people, was actually coming to Kyo's defense.

Arisa Uotani: Calm down, will ya, prince? Carrots never said that his dreams about Tohru were full of perversion and lechery. He just said he was plagued by nightmares that Tohru would get tormented by your own fan club girls more than usual.

Tohru Honda: Yes, Yuki. Kyo was just trying to protect me. I didn't really agree with his methods, but I think Kyo's reasons were noble, at least. And he also said that he only just started having those nightmares about me last night.

With Tohru's explanation of what she thought, Yuki decided to actually back off from hurting Kyo further.

Yuki Sohma: I suppose with those notions in mind, I could let this one slide. Besides, we should really focus on the matter of everyone gathered out here into the school courtyard upon the request of Naohito Sakuragi.

Hatsuharu Sohma: I see that Hanajima-senpai isn't here for the assembly right now. Does anyone know where she went?

Tohru Honda: Oh, Hana-chan went home early to celebrate her grandmother's birthday with her family.

Arisa Uotani: Yeah, but before she left for home, she told me that I might wanna look out further for Tohru's safety against the Prince Yuki Fan Club girls.

Hatsuharu Sohma: 'Prince Yuki', huh? Wow, no wonder you never seem to garner many friends, Your Majesty.

Yuki felt very offended by this.

Yuki Sohma: Hey!

Hatsuharu defended his claim as sympathy rather than mocking.

Hatsuharu Sohma: I'm just saying, you always seem to feel like you're all alone in the world no matter what people see you as. I think the fact that you're practically worshipped by everyone at the school might have more to do with that feeling than others would even care to realize.

Yuki suddenly saw what Hatsuharu was saying, but he still thought it had to have come from somewhere.

Yuki Sohma: Have you been talking with my presidency's treasurer, Machi Kuragi? You did say she in the same class as you and Momiji.

Hatsuharu Sohma: How'd you know I've been talking to her?

Yuki Sohma: She said the same thing about me to my own first-year 'fan girls'.

Hatsuharu Sohma: Yeah, believe or not, I actually tried to talk to this guy who made the announcement to come out to the school at the end of the day. He wasn't as open to listening to me, though, just because I'm a Sohma. I don't know why this Naohito Sakuragi would've signed up for the student council in the first place if he doesn't even like our family. It's a mystery.

Hatsuharu was right to question Naohito's motives to some degree, but he just let it go before when he decided it was none of his business to know.

Yuki Sohma: Mystery or not, we're about to find out his motives during this assembly out in the courtyard at the end of the school day.