An Emotion Chat About The Past

Arisa Uotani: I gotta get to work, anyway. Seeing as how I need to apply for another new job. I just gotta reunite with that guy, I have to.

Arisa Uotani walked off in tears. She was still searching for that one guy who reminded her so much of Tohru in countless ways, Kureno.

Kyo Sohma: What guy could ever attract that gangster girl? He must be blind if he were to like her back.

Kyo's comment earned him a slap in the face from Hikari and a punch to the gut from Yuki.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: You're still the same as I remember you to be as a child. You still can't clue in to someone in love, useless you, yourself, are the person in love, now can you, Kyo?

Yuki Sohma: Really, you stupid cat? Are you really that dense?

Kyo Sohma: What gives, you two? I'm used to getting this kind of treatment from that damn rat, Yuki, but you, Hikari? I thought I was practically you're favorite of all of the cursed Sohmas.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: Whether or not you're my favorite won't protect you from my retribution if you're being insensitive. Besides, Akito and Shigure are just about the only jerks I can stand.

Tohru was suddenly confused by Hikari including Shigure as a jerk.

Tohru Honda: What do you mean by Shigure as a jerk? He lets me live at his house and puts a roof over my head. I don't know that a jerk would do that, and I don't think that's very jerk-like, either. He's been nothing but kind to me.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: True, but I'm sure you've noticed the way he treats other people. And was there ever, by any chance, an incident in which he joked around with you and the end result made his joke a lot more mean than it was funny?

Tohru was about to step in to defend Shigure, but stopped when she realized that those sorts of events did occur in her time under Shigure's roof.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma (continued): I happen know that although Shigure may not act on it the way Akito does, he actually have a bit of a mean streak underneath his kindly exterior. Just ask his editor, Mitsuru, and his ex-girlfriend, Mayuko, and they'll both tell you how evil he can be behind his benevolent actions. In fact, even his supposed 'acts of kindness' have always had an ulterior motive to them.

Tohru decided she would have look into this Hikari's claims about Shigure one day, whatever they were going to be.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma (continued): Mitsuru always tries to end her own life whenever Shigure doesn't take his work seriously, at all. As for his ex-girlfriend, Mayuko Shiraki, she quickly lost interest in that crackhead and dumped him after only a month.

Tohru, Yuki, and Kyo suddenly became shocked upon hearing the name of their homeroom teacher being mentioned as Shigure's ex-girlfriend. Hikari was quick to notice their expressions.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma (continued): Hmm, something wrong?

Tohru Honda: Mayuko Shiraki? As in our class's own homeroom teacher, Mayuko Shiraki?

Hikari was shocked by this news at first, but then remembered that Mayuko did, in fact, work at Kaibara Municipal High School as a teacher. She just never guessed that the woman was the homeroom teacher of these three teenagers right beside her.

Kyo Sohma's brain: That would explain why the teacher's always on edge about me as a Sohma. She used to date that pervert dog.

Yuki Sohma's mind: It's no wonder my brother was already well acquainted with Miss Shiraki when he showed up to the parent-teacher conference that was already going on with mother; the very same parent-teacher conference I insisted I would handle on my own, even with mother's unfair decision making. I can't believe I was actually grateful to my own brother for trying to interfere with our own mother's thoughtlessness.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: I think she only dated Shigure to avoid being jealous of her own college friend, Kana Sohma's, relationship with Hatori, at the time. In addition to all that, dating Shigure for such a reason has always been thought of by Miss Mayuko Shiraki as the worst mistake of her entire existence.

Kyo Sohma's brain: Yeah, 'cause she went out with that stupid pervert dog in the first place when it wouldn't have even helped to ease her secret jealousy.

Yuki Sohma's mind: That poor woman.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma (continued): Mayuko was actually beside herself with sadness when Kana forgot that she and Hatori were ever in love to begin with. So sad in fact, that Mayuko actually cried for the sake of poor Hatori's happiness, literally. Poor Mayuko had put her own feelings on the shelf just to be supportive of Kana and Hatori's relationship, and it broke her heart when Kana was forced to forget.

Tohru cried at this revelation.

Kyo Sohma's brain: No wonder the teacher's so upset all the time. She's unhappy about the fact that the doctor had to erase his own girlfriend's memories, and it hurt the teacher's feelings when that Kana chick forgot.

Yuki Sohma's mind: If only that poor woman could've been even allowed to know why Kana had to forget about Hatori.

Yuki Sohma: Strange how I never even once would've thought that my own desperation for friends in my youth would've been the cause of so much suffering in the future.

Yuki felt more and more guilty about his desires for a warmer life than what he had in the past only seeming to cause pain for others.

Yuki Sohma (continued): What if Kyo was right to think of me as a bad person even back then? What if I really am horrible? Was it wrong for the rat to even try to look to the cat for a positive relationship of any kind?