It's Like Looking into A Mirror of Youth

Kisa Sohma: Um, Kyo, thank you again for bringing Hiro and me into Uncle Shigure's house.

Kyo was flattered that Kisa seemed to think so highly of him, in addition to Tohru, all of sudden. Although he felt like one of the twelve other Zodiac Sohmas was finally acknowledging him as a true member of their family, he still was in no way good with expressing his emotions and was more or less embarrassed by Kisa's suddenly relentless gratitude towards him for something that small (in his opinion), that he tried to cover up his own feelings of praise appreciation by acting like his usual brash self.

Kyo Sohma: Yeah, whatever. Just_ do not get your hopes up of it becoming a regular thing. I-I-I don't make a habit of doing anything even similar to it. I just_ couldn't wait for you two to start your visit with Tohru, that's all.

Kisa knew he just could not express himself very well, so she actually did not mind that Kyo spoke to her a little rough in response to her gratitude. She could also tell that Kyo actually liked being praised by a fellow member of the zodiac because he was blushing when he said it to her. So, Kisa just smiled sweetly at Kyo in response.

Hiro, on the other hand, was unable to catch on to Kyo's feelings about his crush's suddenly relentless gratitude. As smart as he was, Hiro (being just like a younger version of Kyo, only with a lot more brain power) missed the blush Kyo, himself, had on his face when Kisa thanked him once more. He actually thought that Kyo was just being his usual 'mean kitty' self, even when getting praised by the girl Hiro loved, no less. Hiro, being bad with expressing his own emotions, himself, was not gonna take Kyo's awful comments to Kisa lying down, though.

Hiro Sohma: My God, you're impossible, Kyo. Kisa thanked you for a second time in a row like she's trying to praise you now, too. And you just brush her off? What is wrong with you, ya dumb cat?

Kyo Sohma: Huh, you say something, you little black sheep brat? What's even your point, you awful little runt? You were the one who turned your back on Kisa when she needed you during all that time she was being picked on at school. Then, you had the gall to take your neglect towards Kisa out on Tohru, who actually stepped up and helped Kisa recover from her time as a selective mute, when the best you could do during that time was ignore the poor thing.

Kisa and Tohru quickly saw where this going. They had to do something to stop it.

Kisa Sohma: Um, Hiro, I actually don't mind that Kyo couldn't express his appreciation properly. You know how he is about his emotions. I believe you have similar issues with expressing your own feelings.

Tohru Honda: Yes, Kyo. Please don't be mad at Hiro. He eventually realized what he did was wrong, so please go easy on him.

Luckily, the touches from the ever-so-gentle girls they loved the most in the world were enough to cool off the two brooding boys a bit before their own little childish spat could end in tears. Tohru and Kisa had always had these kinds of effects on Kyo and Hiro, respectively.

Hiro Sohma: Fine. I'll let the cat off the hook this once since you don't mind it, Kisa.

Kyo Sohma: Yeah, yeah, I suppose I could give the kid a break since it probably could've gone worse than it actually did.

Unfortunately, Shigure was the first to comment on how easily Kyo and Hiro settled down.

Shigure Sohma: No fair. I was hoping for some fireworks in that argument.

Kyo and Hiro quickly got right back up as soon as they heard Shigure's comment about their argument.

Kyo and Hiro Sohma: What'd you just say, you stupid dog?!

Then, Kyo's pupils turned into slits just as they did at his moments of high anger while Hiro only smiled his classic, seemingly innocent smile. Kyo started to crack his knuckles and wore an evil smile on his face, while Hiro started pounding his fist in his palm.

Kyo Sohma: Be careful what you wish for, ya stupid pervert dog!

Hiro Sohma: Oh, there'll be fireworks from a fight, for sure. It'll just be from our scuffle against you.

The two brooding boys joined forces to lash out at Shigure, punching him in until he was on the floor, writhing in agony.

Kyo Sohma: That was so fun, it gave me such a rush.

Hiro Sohma: The cat and I should team up and work together more often.

Kyo Sohma: At least, it won't actually be with that damn rat, Yuki.

Kyo and Hiro went into for a high five, but stopped short when they realized who they were about to high five. They just shoved their hands into their pockets, not wanting to acknowledge that they found something they had in common.

Kyo Sohma: So, uh, how about that visit you and Kisa were gonna have with Tohru?

Hiro Sohma: I know you just wanted us to get our visit over and done with, which I personally didn't mind, at all. But, knowing Kisa, she might wanna stay a bit longer than that.

Kyo Sohma: I'm actually over wanting it done quickly. I actually don't care anymore if Tohru wants to let you two stay overnight, even. She can do with the two of you whatever she wants, as long as you and Kisa are OK with sharing her.

Kyo suddenly became aware of what he just requested of Hiro and the little black sheep's crush.

Kyo Sohma: W-W-W-With everyone else in this house, that is. N-N-N-Not just me.

Hiro Sohma: Hatori's right. You really do need to learn not to stammer.

Kyo slapped his hand over his face while an "Ah, crap!" escaped his lips. There was just no way for poor Kyo to keep his feelings bottled up like he had always intended to, nowadays.