The Somewhat Unwelcome Guests

A few minutes later, they all arrived at the pervert novelist's house. As they thought, Shigure Sohma was waiting for them to arrive, as was Yuki Sohma. Unfortunately, so were Ayame, Ritsu, and Hatori Sohma.

Hatori was actually not as bad, but Ayame had an inhuman level of overconfidence and had recently been named Supreme Commander of the Kaibara High School Defense Force, the student council that was to be under Yuki's presidency next year; first by the insistence of Kakeru Manabe, Yuki's vice president, and then officially by the current president, Makoto Takei, upon hearing that Ayame was the elder brother of Yuki Sohma, his guy crush. Ritsu Sohma, however, lacked so much confidence in himself, that he could never stop apologizing to others, even when it was no big deal nor any of his own fault.

Ayame Sohma: Of course, I simply couldn't say 'no' when they asked me to be the Supreme Commander during my own brother's term as the student council's president. I guess the notion of 'like older brother, like younger brother' simply drew me in like a moth to a flame.

Ritsu at first admired Ayame for his confidence to no end. But then, the monkey man suddenly bowed to Ayame like the snake guy was a god.

Ritsu Sohma: You are the very essence of self-confidence, Aya-nii. I don't even know why I actually even thought I could ever as confident as you. I'm so sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I apologize to whole world for thinking I could copy off of your level of self-confidence, Aya-nii!

Ayame Sohma: Come now, Ritsu. There's no real need to apologize. If I may be so bold as suggest that you could stand to emulate another's self-confidence enough to start small, at the very least.

Ritsu absolutely adored Ayame's advice and decided to take it to heart.

Ritsu Sohma: Aya-nii, you're as brilliant as you are confident, and you're right. I should start small with someone else, practically anyone I could look to when I need confidence. But first, if I, myself, may be so bold as to congratulate you on being officially assigned as Supreme Commander of Student Council's Student Defense Force.

Ayame Sohma: Thank you, Ritsu, thank you so much. You're all too kind. I was hoping that after the future vice president practically begged me to take the job, they would let me have it officially. The current president didn't hesitate to make the request to the staff when he heard I was Yuki's older brother. He must be very fond of Yuki.

Yuki Sohma: Yes, he is fond of me to point of being a pain in my butt, unfortunately for him. Now, thanks to him, I have to put with you even at school, you snake.

Ayame Sohma: Come now, Yuki. It wasn't my fault that President Takei was completely blown away when he found that I am, in fact, your brother. And when he begged the teachers to give me the job, who am I to deny?

Yuki Sohma: If you would've any respect for me, you should've said no' to his and Manabe's request.

Ayame Sohma: There's nothing that can be done about it, now, dear brother. It's already been made official and everything.

Yuki Sohma: You're just lucky that I don't consider it a total disaster thanks to the display you put on with our mother when you told her off. At the very least, it was all thanks to you that I actually began to understand why she always tried so hard to control me. It was always because you couldn't behave enough in her selfish eyes.

Ayame Sohma: I actually wish I had tried to do something about the way she treated you as a child, even going back in time just to change my own mind about it enough to aid you during those times. I was, unfortunately, nothing more than a useless bystander in those days. I should've at least tried to talk mother out of all the times she hit you. It's always weighed so heavily on my mind.

Ritsu then began to cry up a monsoon upon hearing what his idol had in the past which he had regret since then.

Ritsu Sohma: Oh, Aya-nii!

Tohru made hers, Kyo's, Kisa's and Hiro's presence known when she came and showed concern for Yuki.

Tohru Honda: Oh my goodness, Yuki. No wonder you always said you were never as happy around me and my friends as you were in front of your parents.