Hikari's Journey of Eternal Sadness

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: OK. Time to move along. What else did you want to know about my journeys around the world, Tohruko? Ask me whichever questions you want to your heart's content, as long as you ask them one at a time.

Tohru Honda: Alright, I'm ready. To what places have you been?

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: That is a question with a loaded answer. So, I will try to just give a few examples. Well, skiing in the German Alps; surfing in Hawaii; going on safaris in deepest, darkest Africa. You know, things like that. Even some mundane, average stuff, like a vacation I would take simply for mere rest and relaxation.

Arisa Uotani: Good 'ole R & R.

Tohru Honda: Wow, you've done a lot. I've never even been outside of Japan. I'm kinda jealous. I don't mean jealous in a sense that I want your life for myself. I just meant that I wish I could travel the world as much as you have already. I don't dislike you for having that kind of life, or anything. It's just you sound like someone that I feel I could really look up to.

Hikari knew what Tohru meant even when she was struggling to defend her reasons, so she smiled at Tohru.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: Thank you. Aren't you sweet? There was no real need to explain your feelings, though. I'm sorry you felt a need for it in the first place.

Hikari continued to smile a genuinely happy smile. But from the rate that her smile had vanished, Tohru could suddenly tell that there was something wrong with Hikari. Being the good person she was, Tohru made the effort to find out what was wrong with Hikari to suddenly make her frown like she was. Tohru only hoped she wouldn't be prying.

Tohru Honda: Um, what's wrong? You had a smile on your face, but it suddenly vanished.

Hikari had heard about what Tohru knew about the zodiac curse. But, she also knew that Tohru had kept it well hidden, even from her closest friends.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: I can tell you my reasons for frowning so quickly at Shigure's house. Yuki, Kyo, you two also live there now, right? You two come, too. Haru, Momiji looks like he could use an escort home, too. You think you could take him?

Hatsuharu Sohma: I got it, Hikari.

With that, Hatsuharu escorted Momiji home. The bunny child did put up a bit of a struggle though. It was the most he had been moving since the assembly that afternoon.