Tohru Honda Makes Acquaintances

Later in class, Tohru was actually trying to be friendly with Minami, Mai and Chie. She tried to make friends with Kyo's fan girls, too. Tohru actually got more success in making friends with the latter than she did in becoming friends with the former. She didn't really become friends with them, they were just friendly-ish towards her.

One of Kyo's fangirls in particular was extra friendly-ish towards her. Her name was Kaname Tsurugawa. She was the one who confessed to Kyo on the trip their class took only to Kyoto and Nara, only for him to shoot her down right then and there. She noticed Tohru when she accidentally sat on the girl's hand, which had inexplicably been sunburnt during their summer vacation for some reason.

Kaname Tsurugawa: Sorry about sitting on your hand after the break was over with. That didn't hurt too much, did it?

Tohru Honda: Don't worry about it. I'd forgotten about it a long time ago.

Kaname Tsurugawa: How do you even end with a sunburn on just one of your hands over summer break?

Tohru Honda: You'll probably find it a bit silly, but I actually don't know. I could've sworn I had better protection from the sun before that.