Kyo's Extreme Lack of Self-Love

When Yuki and Tohru had gone a good enough distance away, Hikari and Kyo started talking and walking back to the after them.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: So, let's hear it.

Kyo was confused as to what Hikari suddenly wanted.

Kyo Sohma: Let's hear what, witch girl?

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: Let's hear why you feel as obligated as you do to hate Yuki.

Kyo just scoffed and brushed it off.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma (continued): Is it because of that one woman who you see as someone you killed simply by failing to save her from certain death? You know, the woman who became like a maternal substitute for you upon meeting you, and who you continued to see several times over for the next nine months until you thought she took Yuki's side of the situation just because he rescued her daughter instead of you. The daughter of hers that became your first love because of all the times that woman spoke so fondly to you of her own daughter.

Kyo suddenly tensed at the woman in Hikari's inquiry. He knew exactly who she was talking about, Kyoko Honda, Tohru's mother.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma (continued): I'm confused as to why you've suddenly moved on to Tohruko. I thought you were the type of guy who was ferociously loyal when it came to being in love with someone, so what need would you even have to move o_

Hikari began to ask Kyo why he, of all people in the ways of love, had moved on from the first girl he ever fell in love with to Tohru, when she suddenly realized that he actually had never moved on, at all.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma (continued): You are still in love with the daughter of the woman who became like a replacement mother to you. It's Tohruko, isn't it? Your first love finally came into your life. I couldn't be happier for you, even if I tried to be any happier.

Hikari gushed over the idea of what she just said about Tohru to Kyo. Then, she pulled into a congratulatory hug. He didn't transform, though, because Hikari was not an actual living girl, but the immortal guardian of the zodiac. Kyo pushed her aside, though.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma (continued): What did you do that for? Why'd you push me aside? I was congratulating you for finally getting to meet the first girl you were ever in love with after all these years. I would give anything for that kind of to happen to me, so why don't you seem happy about it? I thought you would feel even a little bit happy abou_

Hikari openly expressed how ashamed she was that Kyo seemed to refuse to be happy about his situation when he interrupted her, explaining his lack of happiness about it.

Kyo Sohma: I don't deserve Tohru, at all! That's why! I let her mom die, so I don't deserve Tohru, at all. I failed to stop the death of the woman who was just like a replacement mom to me at the risk of transforming in public, therefor looking out for only myself, so Tohru is the very last girl I could ever deserve to be with.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: I see you really are still the same as I have always remembered you. You're still the same mess of self-depreciation you were when I left the last time. I don't care if this is overstepping the boundaries of my own role in the zodiac curse. I'm gonna help you find the will to at least try to win this girl over. I really want the curse to be over and gone. I can't take it, anymore. I can't live with being burdened by the guilt I feel of being it's cause, anymore. I just wanna go back to my family. I just wanna go home. I don't want to be this, anymore. I can't stand being the guardian of the zodiac curse, anymore.

Kyo Sohma: If that's how you feel about our curse, then you shouldn't have put that stupid spell on our family all those centuries ago in the first place.

Hikari started to cry tears of painful sadness at Kyo's remark.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: I think you mean that I shouldn't have ever even gotten involved with the original promise of God, the zodiac cat, and the other twelve animals all those centuries ago in the first place.

Hikari let the tears flow freely from her teal-colored eyes, the misery she felt clearly evident. Kyo was shocked to learn her reasons for casting the zodiac spell which led to the curse on the members of his family all those centuries ago. He did not expect Hikari, herself, to want out of the curse, herself.