A Devoted Love Like No Other

Arisa was extremely impressed by his declaration of relentless protection towards her friend, Tohru.

Arisa Uotani: Wow, Carrots, that was so badass wicked. Didn't think you had it in you.

Yuki still refused to see Kyo as a hero, at all. He probably just felt obligated to think of Kyo as a villainous monster instead; so the prince, who was just another damn rat in the eyes of his own tangerine-haired cousin, Kyo, himself, just pretended to care more about Tohru than the fact that Kyo had just come to her rescue from the fan club girls who worshipped their prince like a god.

Yuki Sohma: Miss Honda, are you alright with everything that's been going on today?

The prince helped Tohru up to her feet. Tohru was equally grateful to both of them for helping her.

Tohru Honda: I think I'm alright. Thank you for your help, Yuki. And thank you to Kyo, too. You saved me; I love you so much.

Too bad for Kyo and Tohru, Yuki took this as Tohru being more grateful to Kyo than to him. The prince suddenly wished that he could have done more to help her deal with his own fan club girls. Now, he was ashamed that he had ever been so nice to Motoko Minagawa-senpai and the rest of them in the first place if this was the result of his kindness towards such girls. He supposed he deserved to feel as regretful as he did now for what he did not even realize before now counted as leading Motoko-senpai and all of his other fangirls on.

Yuki Sohma: Must be nice to have the courage and the confidence to be so direct with people, destructive idiot.

Kyo was slightly taken aback by what he guessed was an actual compliment, but was then a bit put off by the term the damn rat used to describe him following his comment about being direct with people.

Kyo Sohma: Huh? You say something, you wiseass?

Yuki Sohma: What are so angry about, you moron? It was a compliment, loser-brain.

Arisa Uotani: Wow, the first time the prince actually pays Carrots a compliment, and it's ended with an insulting term. And then, Carrots reacts negatively, obviously having only heard the name the prince used. I guess that names really are more powerful than what we say leading up to them. I always thought that idea was just an urban legend. Wonder what else I was ironically wrong about in past.

Kyo Sohma: You mean, aside from the street thug lifestyle you lived in middle school, or the fact that I was right about at least beefing up on Tohru's protection from this guy's stupid fan club girls?

Kyo pointed to Yuki when he used the term 'this guy'. Kyo knew he should have fought harder to support his belief that the Prince Yuki Fan Club girls could actually gain an ally in someone who was smart enough to tail Tohru to their house. Getting the fan club girls away from the love of his life forever was Kyo's redemption for backing down when he had the hunch and no one believed him.

Arisa Uotani: Calm down, Carrots. The latter in that question was the reason I stayed here for the assembly even when Hana went home to celebrate her grandma's birthday. Hana told me that we probably should've taken your gut feeling to heart just before she left, but I didn't know nor think it would be like it was.

Yuki Sohma: In retrospect, you imbecile, I think that you should've fought harder when trying to get us to listen to your hunch in the first place. Instead, you backed down simply because no one cared to listen to you.

Hatsuharu was as quick as ever to be on Yuki's side with what had just been said. Momiji, however, well_ Momiji stayed stuck on the fact that Kyo and Tohru had kissed one another, albeit on the cheek, but Momiji bet that Kyo had wished that he could have kissed Tohru on the lips, just like Sakuragi had said.

Hatsuharu Sohma: I'm with Yuki. You shouldn't have backed down that easily just because no one else believed you, even though you had that hunch of yours.

Kyo Sohma: It wasn't just my fault this time. The little weasel in sheep's clothing is from your student council, Damn Yuki. There were also things you could've done to prevent this outcome. I'm not the only to blame this time.

Yuki suddenly hit Kyo again, this time with a soccer ball. Kyo's nose started to bleed from it.

Kyo Sohma: What gives with all this sudden unprovoked violence, you psycho? First you hit me on the head the same way you did on our class trip, then you get at me with a soccer ball enough for me start bleeding? What's with you, you dirty coward?

Yuki Sohma: I don't need to you to remind me what I could've done about Sakuragi. It's bad enough I'm now forced to realize that I should've more direct in the past with more people than just my fangirls. The last thing I need to be reminded of what I could've done to protect Miss Honda by you, of all people.