Too Little Effort in The Past

After having heard these words from Yuki very clearly, Hikari could not let Yuki's suffering happen all over again, so she took a stand.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: I don't think there was anything you could've done to turn Kyo's opinion of you around in those days. I'm not defending his words from back then. You weren't wrong in trying to make friends with Kyo back then. What I am saying is that it doesn't matter where you go, because there will always be people who will say those kinds of things to you and call you those kinds of names. You can't change other people's opinions just through will alone. It takes more to change someone's opinion of you. You, too, Kyo.

Kyo wondered why Hikari's monologue suddenly drifted in his direction, as well.

Kyo Sohma: What are you saying now, Hikari?

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: You can't keep using the blaming of your own faults on Yuki simply as a crutch, it won't help you find the sanctity you crave. It will just make you even more like Daisuke, you own father. I still remember poor Haruhi's funeral, how he kept on blaming your own mother's death on you. You're being just like Daisuke if you keep blaming things you did on Yuki. Yes, I know how scared you always have been to face your own faults. But, should you continue to blame everything on Yuki, it will only result in growing up to be even more like your father than your father, himself.

Kyo Sohma's brain: I can't believe that she's actually trying to tell me off like this. That witch girl's got some kind of nerve.

Kyo Sohma: Shut up, Hikari! It is that damn rat's fault, all of it.

Hikari suddenly saw that the only way to get Kyo to hear her was for her to talk to him in private.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: Yuki, Tohruko, why don't you two go on ahead of us. I have to have a little chat with Kyo. Don't worry, Tohruko! We'll be right behind you and Yuki.

Tohru Honda: Oh, yes. Thank you for letting me know you were going to be following. See you back at the house, Kyo.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: We'll see you, then.