A New Friendship Suddenly on the Rocks

Minami, Chie and Mai all noticed how calm Kyo, of all Sohmas, was being towards Tohru, once again. Kaname and the rest of Kyo's fangirls also took notice of how calm and nice Kyo Sohma, their crush, was being to their new acquaintance, Tohru Honda, compared to how he was with Kaname and the rest of his own fan girls.

As soon as the school day was finally over, Minami, Chie and Mai reported Tohru Honda's repeated closeness to Kyo Sohma. Meanwhile, back in the classroom, Kaname and the rest of Kyo's fangirls were actually bold enough to confront their new acquaintance, Tohru Honda, on her closeness to their joint crush, Kyo Sohma. So much so that Kaname grabbed Tohru's arm to question her about her connection to her beloved Kyo.

Kaname Tsurugawa: What was that all about, Tohru Honda?

Tohru was completely clueless as ever to what her new friends were asking her about.

Tohru Honda: Oh um, what are you talking about, Tsurugawa?

Kaname Tsurugawa: You know what I'm talking about. You're always so friendly with Kyon Kyon, but today, you and Kyon Kyon had a little extra bit of chumminess going on between you two.

Tohru Honda: I don't know what you're talking about, Tsurugawa, and I don't know that Kyo actually likes being called "Kyon Kyon". In fact, I'm pretty sure he doesn't like that nickname at all.

Mikoto Mizakushi, the girl who gave Kyo chocolates on the Saturday when Valentine's Day was the following day, also stepped forward against Tohru for the first time since they all had ever even become acquainted with her as they would a new starter friend.

Mikoto Mizakushi: Don't play "Let's Come to Kyon Kyon's Defense" with the rest of us. We know you have some kind of connection to Kyon Kyon. So spill it, girl!

Tohru Honda: I don't know what you guys think I know, but I really don't know. Kyo's my friend who has a lot of trust in me, and I will never betray that trust.

They were all about to speak up about their own crushes on Kyo Sohma, but then Mikoto realized that if Kyo trusted any of them the way he trusted Tohru, none of them would ever betray him either. That was something that would have been all kinds of wrong.

Mikoto Mizakushi: Honda's right. She can't betray Kyon Kyon's trust, and neither would any of us if any one of us were in Honda's shoes. We'll just have to put our own feelings for our beloved Kyon Kyon on hold for the sake of not violating that trust.

Kaname was the last to back down from the situation, but eventually even she did, too.