Hikari's How-To Guide to Break the Curse

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: Oh, quite simple actually, contrary to your belief about it. Only when the one who is never loved is loved, will the eternal promise come to an end. Those were the words I spoke when I cast the spell of the zodiac curse on the Sohma Family.

Kyo Sohma: And what exactly do you even mean by that if anything at all, Sorceress? Please do enlighten me and everyone else in our 'majestic' family.

Kyo's voice had twinge of disdain and sarcasm when he called the Sohmas 'majestic'.

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: It means that when you as the zodiac cat finally find love, both given and accepted, the curse will be completely broken and all the zodiac spirits will be released from the bodies of their Sohma hosts. At least, I hope that's how I set it up.

What Hikari seemed to believe about Tohru suddenly dawned on Kyo.

Kyo Sohma: Is that why you're trying your hardest to befriend Tohru and keep her by our side? Is she just a tool to you, too?

Hikari Anaishia/Sohma: I admit I find her familial background a bit plain and her name a little too masculine to belong to a girl, at all. But, I don't see her as a tool in any way, shape or form. I find her enjoyable to be near. She's better company than more than a full ninety-nine point nine percent of the Sohmas, that's for sure. Honestly, I don't get why Akito called her ugly as soon as he left the grounds of the school this past April and went back to Shigure and the others. Then again, considering how disturbingly possessive he can be, I think he might've called Tohruko 'ugly' out of jealousy and nothing else.