🖤💖Thanatophobia- Ni-ki

Request by: skz-orlando

Thanatophobia- irrational fear of death. A fear that controls your everyday life and causes increased anxiety about everyday things.

In ni-ki's case, he is afraid of his loved ones getting hurt and/or dying.

"guys come on hurry up we're gonna be late!" Heeseung called from the front door to the younger members who were taking forever getting dressed.

"coming hyung!" Jungwon called as he pulled his last shoe on.

"ni-ki come on or Hyung's gonna kill us."

Ni-ki giggled as he and sunoo rushed out of his room following Jungwon down the stairs to meet the oldest.

"finally. you boys are such a headache sometimes." Heeseung pinched the bridge of his nose.

"sorry hyung, it won't happen again." Jungwon bowed.

"yeah, yeah, I've heard that one before now come on, in the van, let's go."

The boys rushed to the van and piled in meeting the rest of the members.

"you guys are so slow." Jake whined.

"we know, I'm sorry but I couldn't find my other shoe." Ni-ki defended.

Jake laughed slightly and playfully smacked ni-ki's head.

Once they settled down they began driving towards their filming location.

As they were on the road ni-ki was squeezing his hands together in his lap taking in quiet deep breaths. He didn't like being on the road, especially on the busy highways and bridges they had to cross. He continuously looked around to make sure that all his Hyung's had their seatbelts on. And even after he'd checked, he'd check again and again just to be sure. He would nervously watch the other cars zoom past making his heart rate increase thinking that one of them could crash into them.

Ni-ki never told his hyungs about it but he had a fear, a pretty serious one at that.

He had something called Thanatophobia, the fear of death, in this case however, he wasn't afraid of himself dying, but he was petrified of something happening to his hyungs. He'd sometimes get nightmares about one or all of the members dying, and it scared him. it scared him so much.

Jake had noticed ni-ki squeezing his hands together and watching the traffic closely, but he brushed it off thinking he was nervous about being on a bridge. He slowly reached over and placed his hand on ni-ki's knee.

Ni-ki looked at him and was met with a warm reassuring smile which helped calm him down a little.

After about an hour they arrived. Ni-ki looked out the window and saw a huge building, it towered in the sky higher than most of the other buildings around.

"hyung? Where are we?" sunghoon asked the manager.

"you'll see, I think you boys will have a lot of fun today." The manger chuckled as they exited the van and walked towards the building.

Once inside, a man came out looking excited.

"welcome enhypen! We are so excited to have you here! My name is Mr. Park, and I will be your instructor today."

They all bowed politely and smiled.

"so, are you boys ready to see what your challenge is today?" the manager said.