🖤💖ADHD - Sunoo

Request by: cloudgruop

Sunoo was always very energetic and bubbly but sometimes he found himself unable to focus on certain tasks.

Ever since he was young he had trouble focusing, he did poorly in school because of it and it affected not only his academics but also his social skills.

When he was around 16, he went to see a doctor about his focusing issues and after a meeting with a physiologist, he was diagnosed with ADHD.

He was afraid of what that meant at first, he was told he needed to take medication everyday to balance the chemicals In his brain and was taught that he needed to take it consistently for it to work properly.

It was a bit tricky to hide his condition once he became a trainee. He was always around other people, living in the same rooms as them, changing, showering, eating, they did everything as a group and there were a lot of watchful eyes during i-land.

He managed to hide it well enough, shoving his pills in his pocket and taking them when no one was looking. But once he debuted with enhypen, it got ten times harder.

It was nearly impossible to do anything privately with the other boys around, the small dorms didn't offer many places where sunoo could discreetly take his meds, but he didn't tell them. He was terrified of what they would think if they found out he was on medication.

It was a Thursday afternoon and sunoo needed to take his pill. Enhypen had no schedules today, so they were all relaxing at home.

Sunoo excused himself to the bathroom so he could take his meds. He swore he put them in the cabinet the night before but when he went to grab them, they weren't there.

He searched through the cabinet, a small panicky feeling in his chest.

He couldn't find the little orange bottle anywhere. He sighed thinking that it was still on his nightstand.

He quietly left the bathroom and snuck into his room.

When he walked in however he froze in his tracks.

In front of him was heeseung holding his pill bottle in his hand reading the label with a puzzled expression on his face.

"eh...hyung..." sunoo said hoping heeseung would forget about it.

"sunoo, what Is this? Why do you have a bottle of pills by your bed?" heeseung asked feeling a little worried.

"hyung it's...it's nothing, don't worry about it." Sunoo rushed over trying to grab the pill bottle from the oldest.

"no, sunoo what is it? Are you taking pills? Sunoo where did you get them? How long have you been taking them? Are they addictive?" heeseung was asking a lot of questions and sunoo was struggling to take the bottle from him.

With all the commotion, the others rushed in hearing the two boys.

"hyung what is going on in here?" jay asked seeing the scene.

"I found a bottle of prescription drugs on sunoo's nightstand, and he won't tell me what they or where he got them."

Heeseung said in a firm tone.

Sunoo didn't like the way his members were looking at him. looking at him like he'd done something wrong.

"please, it's not what you think just...just give them back!" sunoo begged.

"sunwoo, if you have a problem we will help you, but you need to tell us what you've been taking, how long have you been on pills sunoo-ah?" sunghoon said softly trying to diffuse the situation.

Sunoo whined in frustration.

"i...I don't have a drug problem!"

"then how do you explain these sunoo?!" heeseung said shaking the pill bottle.

Sunoo felt his eyes water. He ran his hand over his face in frustration.

"sunoo, answer me, how do you explain these pills then?"

"oh my god it's my ADHD medication!" sunoo screamed as tears leaked down his cheeks.

Heeseung's eyes went wide, and the rest of the members looked a mix of shocked and relieved.

"are you happy now?! I have to take these okay?! I'm not addicted to them! I don't have a drug problem!" sunoo cried as he revealed what he'd been hiding for so long.

"sunoo...I'm sorry, I'm so sorry please don't cry." Heeseung quickly took sunoo into his arms hugging him softly.

"god I feel like such an idiot...I'm so sorry for accusing you of abusing drugs...i...I was just worried and...i...I didn't know you had ADHD...I shouldn't have assumed anything...I'm so sorry Jagiya."

Sunoo just cried into heeseung's chest scared of what his members were going to think of him now that they know.

"sunwoo-ah, why are you crying baby?" heeseung asked noticing the boy's crying continue.

"i...I didn't want you to find out..." he whined.

"why Jagiya? This is something we should all know honey...why wouldn't you want us to know?" sunghoon said softly rubbing sunoo's shoulder.

"be...because...i...I don't want you guys to treat me differently...or...or think I'm a freak...." He cried.

"sunwoo...honey we would never ever think like that! Having ADHD is not something to be ashamed of sweetheart...it's no different than jake's anxiety...it's just something that is apart of you, it doesn't make you different or a freak sunoo-ah." Jay walked up to him rubbing his back.

"r...really?" he sniffled.

"of course sunoo-ah...we would never ever judge you for having a mental illness, that isn't something you can control love, we are always here for you and support you through anything do you understand?" jake chimed in.

He nodded softly.

"aish baby, next time something like this happens please come talk to us first okay? There is nothing you can't tell us and there is nothing we wouldn't do for you." heeseung said softly carding his fingers through sunoo's hair.

"I will hyung...thank you guys for being so understanding...I love you..."

"aww we love you too sunoo!" jake squealed as he rushed over and joined the hug followed by the others.

When they broke apart sunoo wiped his cheeks and they went to go have lunch, them making sure sunoo took his medication.

After that day all the members made sure sunoo took his meds and helped him get through every day with nothing but love and support.