🖤Grief - Ni-Ki

Request by: Oliviareason

TRIGGER WARNING: DEATH

The boys were all at dance practice running through their newest choreography. Things were going well, the boys were messing around and having a good time as they tried to learn the new moves.

They had been at practice for an hour when suddenly there was a phone ringing.

Ni-ki recognized his ringtone and rushed over to turn off his ringer.

"sorry hyungs, I thought it was on silent." He said as he ran over to his duffle bag.

He checked the contact and didn't recognize it, so he clicked the red button and went back over.

The phone rang again immediately after he ignored it.

"ugh who the heck is that!" ni-ki groaned going back to his phone.

"just answer It riki, it might be important." Heeseung said.

Ni-ki sighed and picked up the phone.

"hello?"

"hello, is this Riki Nishimura?" the man on the phone was speaking in Japanese.

"yes, this is Riki."

"my name is Daiki Takashi; I am calling from Okayama Central Hospital."

Instantly ni-ki's heart dropped to his stomach.

"um, is everything alright?" he asked.

The other members watched as ni-ki's face changed to concern. None of them were fluent in Japanese but they tried to catch pieces of what ni-ki was saying.

"I'm afraid not. You may want to sit down Mr. Nishimura."

Ni-ki's anxiety went through the roof, he sat down on the bench his hand shaking as he held the phone.

The boys watched ni-ki become distressed and moved closer just slightly.

"please tell me sir, what's going on?"

"riki I am so sorry but, yesterday evening your family was involved in a vehicle accident."

Ni-ki's eyes went wide, instantly filling with water.

"well, are they okay?! Please tell me they're okay!" ni-ki pleaded.

The other members were getting worried. They watched tears fill the boy's eyes.

"I'm afraid they didn't make it, the damage was too severe and despite doing everything we could, their injuries were too severe."

Ni-ki's heart stopped. He felt like everything in his life just exploded.

"sir...sir please...that...that can't be true!! Sir tell me my parents and sisters are okay!!" he screamed as tars rolled down his face.

"I'm terribly sorry Mr. Nishimura for your loss." The man said.

That confirmed the truth for ni-ki. The phone fell from his hand clattering on the ground as he crumbled to the floor sobbing violently.

The boys ran over to him confused and worried.

Heeseung caught ni-ki in his arms and held him feeling extremely worried.

"riki, riki baby what's wrong?" heeseung said as he cradled the boy in his arms.