🖤💖Social Anxiety- Ni-ki

Request by: @SKZ_Orlando

It's nothing new to idols when they see a big crowd of people at the airport or outside the venue of their concert but that didn't mean they were all comfortable with it.

Ni-ki is a prime example.
The seventeen year old is many things, talented, sweet, caring, funny, and overall a very professional idol. however the one thing ni-ki was that not alot of people knew,

Was Anxious.

On top of being diagnosed with general anxiety disorder, Niki also suffered from social anxiety. It may be ironic for a celebrity to be afraid of people but Niki did fine if he was performing. He could easily quell his anxiety by focusing on his passion of singing and dancing but if he was alone in a room full of people, he most certainly wouldn't be able to handle it.

Enhypen were leaving from their latest tour wheeling their luggage through the airport as they tried to maneuver their way around the hundreds and hundreds of people surrounding them, screaming their names and begging for photos.

Ni-ki gripped onto sunoos jacket as they weaved through the crowd focusing on breathing slowly. As long as he had sunoo in his grasp, he would be fine.

Unfortunately today was not ni-ki's day

Ni-ki noticed a young fan get shoved to the ground, her lightstick and home-made sign clattering on the floor, the batteries rolling away from the lightstick.

Ni-ki saw that nobody was helping the poor girl up so he swallowed his fear and rushed over to the girl quickly helping her up and collecting her things.

"Are you okay?"

She smiled shyly at the Japanese boy and nodded.

"Thank you so much." She bowed.

"No worries just be safe getting out of here alright?"

"You too ni-ki!" She called before she ducked out if the crowd and towards the exit.

Ni-ki was glad he helped her but his happiness was quickly washed away as he turned around to re-join the group and froze in terror when he didn't see them.

He saw an ocean of people all bumping into each other and shoving to get through, no sign of any of his hyungs whatsoever.

Immediately his chest tightened, his breath catching in his throat.

"H...hyungs?" He squeaked.

All he saw was a blur of people, all of them far too close to him.

He was alone with no protection in the eye of the storm of kpop fans.

His breath hitched and his heart began to beat rapidly, a pulsing pain spreading through his chest.

His hand came up to clutch his shirt, shallow and quick breaths leaving his masked lips.

He felt so vulnerable and unsafe, having no way to escape the crowd. All he could do was keep his head down and hope none of the fans recognized him.

His mask felt suffocating as his panic grew with every second but he refused to remove it. He began walking in whatever direction he could hoping to find a quiet empty place to ground himself.

He felt trapped as everywhere he turned there were more people. His eyes quickly welled with tears, his breathing erratic and choppy.

Finally after what felt like hours, ni-ki spotted a family bathroom and he booked it to the door.

He forgot to knock before he flung the door open and shut it locking it quickly.

It was small but there were no people near him anymore so he felt safer.