🩹💖Like A Fever- Ni-Ki

Request by: Hotlikeafever

Warning: Vomit, Fainting

As expected, a sixteen-year-old boy can tend to be stubborn, especially when it comes to their health.

Ni-ki unfortunately is as stubborn as they come. He was looking forward to Enhypens performance at the MAMA awards and even a 103-degree fever wasn't gonna stop him from performing.

Ni-ki had a feeling he was coming down with something when after practice the previous day his limbs felt like they were on fire, and he developed a persistent dizziness that wouldn't go away.

He drank a bunch of water and loaded up on ibuprofen to try and stop the illness in its tracks before he collapsed in bed and slept through the night.

To his disappointment, the ibuprofen did little to halt his fever from developing and he knew based on how heavy his body felt and how hard his head was pounding that he had definitely caught something.

He groaned as his alarm went off slapping blindly at his cell phone on his nightstand to get the noise to stop. Despite how absolutely awful he felt, he absolutely under no circumstances could let the others know he was sick. If they knew, they wouldn't let him perform and that was the last thing he wanted.

He rolled out of bed scrunching up his face as his head ached and throbbed. He pressed his hand to his pulsing temple and trudged into his bathroom to shower and prepare for their busy day.

He had to shower in cold water due to how hot his skin was, he felt it radiating off of him as he undressed and slid into the shower, that same dizziness returning even worse than before.

He closed his eyes and scrubbed his hair feeling his fingers shaky as they scrubbed his scalp.

He was pissed off at his body. Of course, he had to get sick the day of their big performance. He groaned as he rinsed the soap from his hair and tried to keep his eyes open long enough to successfully shave and step out of the shower.

He dried his hair and got dressed feeling exhausted from merely showering.

He knew the ache in his head wouldn't go away so he decided to just suck it up and deal with the pain until the performance was over. As much as he loved the idea of being coddled and cared for by his hyungs, today was absolutely no time to act like a baby.

He was almost seventeen years old, he needed to act like an adult.

He poured three ibuprofen pills into his mouth followed by one Tylenol and downed half of his water bottle washing down the pills with a harsh gulp.

Once he was as medicated as he possibly could be, he went out to meet the others for breakfast trying to act as normal as possible.

"hey riki! Good morning." Jake greeted with a wide smile.

Ni-ki raised a brow at the bubbly Australian.

"well, you're certainly chipper this morning hyung."

"oh, come on riki, he's just excited." Jay chuckled ruffling ni-ki's hair as he walked past him to put his plate in the kitchen sink.

"here riki, come eat before we leave." Heeseung said as he handed a plate to the youngest.

Ni-ki graciously took the dish and sat beside sunoo to eat, that ache in his head still very much there.

He couldn't help but wince as the overhead light above the table hurt his eyes and made his head throb.

"everything okay riki?" sunoo asked noticing the youngest's eye twitching in discomfort.