💖Tears - Jake

Request by: blankpapersystem

This one is quite short! sorry if you don't like it :/

Enhypen were currently doing a concert. The venue was packed and full of screaming fans. The boys were performing with high energy showing off all their skills to engenes as they performed.

Jake was nodding his head along to the beat as he sat in a chair on the far right of the stage. He had a large plastic boot on his leg, crutches leaning on the wall next to him.

He had injured himself the week before during dance practice and had to remain in the boot for three weeks, worst of all though, he wasn't allowed to dance or perform at all.

He sat there watching them dance and watched as the crowd cheered for the group, none of them really noticing him at all.

He plastered on a smile trying to be happy for the other members but as the show went on he became even more sad.

The boys were beginning given-taken, it being their second to last number in the show.

As soon as jake heard the music of their debut he felt his throat go tight, he wanted to be over there with them, he wanted to dance their debut track and live in the moment, getting to see how far he'd come since i-land. But he couldn't, he was stuck in that chair, his foot trapped in the plastic straps that he wasn't allowed to remove.

As the boys entered the chorus, jake felt his eyes well up quickly with tears. He bit his lip and looked up at the ceiling hoping he could send them back into his tear ducts but more followed as the track played throughout the venue.

He couldn't stop them. He tried so hard, but his lip quivered, his eyes glossy and full to the brim with water.

He covered his face so none of the fans would see his tears.

Almost instantly after jake started crying, sunghoon and jay noticed.

Jay nonchalantly tapped sunghoon.

"is jake crying?" he whispered trying to be as discreet as possible.

Sunghoon looked over to jake and then back at jay.

"I think so."

They both looked worried.

Jay slowly removed himself from the group being careful not to disrupt the dance and ran over to jake.

"jake? Hey buddy what's wrong?" he whispered placing his hand on jake's shoulder standing in front of him so the fans wouldn't see.

Jake just cried; he couldn't really speak right then.

Jay sighed sadly pretty sure he knew what was upsetting jake in the first place. He stepped closer and gently pushed jake's head to his chest stroking the back of his hair with his fingers trying to console the boy without drawing a lot of attention to him.

He got a look from jungwon from across the stage asking if jake was okay.

He shrugged to the leader and turned back to jake who was silently sobbing into his shirt.

"it's okay jake, I'm here. Take some breaths okay?" jay consoled softly not leaving jake's side.

Jake felt utterly embarrassed, and he wanted to stop himself but having jay there made it even harder.

After some time the crowd had noticed the situation and began chanting "jake, don't cry" completely forgetting about the song that was being performed.

The boys decided that jake needed tending to before anything else, so they stopped dancing and rushed over to where jay was hugging jake.

"hyung what's going on?" jungwon asked.

"jake is feeling a little overwhelmed I think. I think he's upset he can't perform with us." Jay whispered so jake wouldn't hear him.

All of them gave jay sad faces feeling sad and sympathetic for jake.

"jake, bubs we know...we're so sorry I know it sucks that you can't dance, we feel terrible." Heeseung said softly rubbing jake's back.

"please don't cry jake...it's gonna be okay I promise." Sunghoon whispered stroking the top of his head.

"i...I just...I feel so useless...." Jake choked out miserably.

"oh jake-hyung...you aren't useless, all of our fans are cheering you on even if you can't dance." Jungwon said with a sympathetic smile.

"i...I just wanna be out there with you guys..." he cried, them slowing a little bit.

"oh we know hyungie...we're so sorry..." ni-ki said softly reached over and wiping jakes cheek with his small hand.

Jake sniffled and rose off of jay's chest revealing his red swollen eyes.

"I'm...I'm sorry...i...I'm acting like a baby..."

"no jake, no you aren't. you don't have anything to apologize for." Jay cooed softly smiling at him.

Jake wiped his cheeks and took a breath.

"I'm okay...you guys can go back and finish the concert."

"are you sure? We can stay here with you jake." Heeseung said placing his hand on jake's shoulder.

"no, no I'm already embarrassed enough...don't make engene wait longer..."

"jake, don't be embarrassed, nobody blames you for being upset."

Jake nodded softly.

"are you sure you'll be okay?" sunghoon asked softly.

Jake nodded.

"go do the last song before they kick us out."

They giggled softly at jake before slowly going back to the main part of the stage.

They performed their last song, jake removing all his tears as they finished out the concert. During their final goodbyes, the fans showed endless support for jake, and it made him feel better about not being able to perform.

Once the concert was over, the boys all attacked jake in hugs and encouragement hoping that he knew how much they loved him and wanted him to be involved as much as possible even while injured.