𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘

NEW FAMILY
✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

YOU STARED IN AWE as you and Shinjoru approached the big estate, it was the first time you see a house this big. The man put you down and smiled at you, "Alright Y/N, this is my home. You will meet both of my sons and my wife, let's get going." You just nodded and got a hold of his haori.

You both continued to walk the small distance until you entered through the gates to the house. You were mesmerized by the beautiful and well-kept garden, but snapped out when you heard Shinjoru yell, "I'm home!"

You could hear small footsteps running fast followed by another set of footsteps approaching slowly. You quickly hid behind Shinjoru and went under his haori, covering your upper half only.

"Okaeri otou-san!" [Welcome home father!]

You heard a sound of a boy which made you flinch, you weren't ready at all. "Kyojuro, what did we say about screaming when your brother is sleeping? Okaerinasai dear." Another voice spoke up, but this one was feminine and soft.

"Gomennasai!" [Sorry!] The same boy replied. Shinjoru chuckled, "Kyojuro is always hyperactive." The boy laughed.

You smiled faintly at how the family interacted with each other. You wished your family was like this, but you never really got to do so because of your curse.

"Who is this girl?!"

You froze in place as the haori was lifted up by the same boy you heard his voice. You looked at him with wide eyes as fear was written on your face. He looked a lot like Shinjoru, but with short hair.

You both looked at each other for a moment before you stepped away from him, but you stumbled and fell on your butt with a small whine escaping your lips

You both looked at each other for a moment before you stepped away from him, but you stumbled and fell on your butt with a small whine escaping your lips. You looked up and saw also the woman with black hair and bright maroon eyes looking at you.

You wanted to run away, but you felt paralyzed as both new faces looked at you as if looking at your soul, "Shinjoru, who is this little girl?" The woman asked as she raised an eyebrow suspiciously at him

You wanted to run away, but you felt paralyzed as both new faces looked at you as if looking at your soul, "Shinjoru, who is this little girl?" The woman asked as she raised an eyebrow suspiciously at him. The man sweatdropped and laughed nervously, "Don't get me wrong, my dear Ruka. This is Inumaki Y/N, I found her alone in an abandoned house. Her parents left her." He explained, whispering the last part to her so he doesn't hurt your feelings. The woman now known as Ruka covered her mouth and looked at you with sorrow.

She approached you and knelt down, "Hello there, darling. My name is Ruka, it's very nice to meet you." She smiled at you, giving you a head pat. You were cautious as you nodded slowly, "What are those marks on your cheeks?" She asked and you just looked away.

"I will explain everything to you later. I'm starving right now and so is little Y/N."

Ruka understood what her husband meant and stood up, gently lifting you up, "Kyojuro, take Y/N to the sitting room and accompany her."

"Yes, oka-san!"

The boy approached you again and took a hold of your hand, taking you by surprise. You wanted to pull away, but you were too late as he pulled you along with him.

"Explain everything once we get to the kitchen."

T I M E S K I P:-
You sat in the room with Kyojuro who was staring at you with wide curious eyes while you were looking down at your hands as if they were the most interesting thing in the world. You were pretty nervous and didn't know what to do. There was different types of food placed on the table you sat near which made your stomach grumble.

"How did you get those marks?" You flinched when you heard him talk to you. You wanted to answer, but you just can't. You pointed at the marks on your cheeks then shrugged, "You don't know how?" He asked you again and you nodded.

"Why don't you talk?"

You pointed at your throat then at the marks again and after that you did a motion of throat being cut in front of your neck using your finger. He didn't understand you at all, "I don't get it." He said while tilting his head to the side. You didn't know what to do to make him understand and you can't just use your abilities to show him. Before any of you can say anything, Ruka opened the door and walked in followed by Shinjoru.

She placed the last plate of food while her husband put bowl and chopsticks in front of you. "Alright everyone, feel free to eat. Itadakimasu." Ruka spoke up and both father and son smiled.

"Itadakimasu!"

As everyone started to eat, you just kept on staring at the food. You were afraid they might get angry if you ate without permission. You clenched your fists and held your kimono tightly, closing your eyes as your lips slightly quivered.

"Y/N?"

You snapped your eyes open after Ruka called you, everyone was looking at you with confusion, "Oh no, did I do something wrong?" You thought as you looked back at them with fear. "Why aren't you eating my dear?" The black haired woman asked you with worry. You shock your head and started to do some signs to explain your reasons. It took them time, but they understood you eventually. Shinjoru laughed loudly and ruffled your hair, "You don't need to wait for us to tell you, just dig in." You looked up at him with shock them back to your bowl.

You grabbed the chopsticks and put your hands in prayer position, "Itadakimasu!" You thought and started to eat. The food was pretty delicious that you had tears in your eyes. Your parents always gave you cold and tasteless food, not to mention that you didn't eat anything for a while now. The small family stared at you with smiles on their faces, even Kyojuro was happy that you liked his mother's food.

"Oka-san, can Y/N chan stay with us?" He asked and you stopped eating. You looked up to see their reactions.

"I see no problem."

"It would be nice to have another girl with me, we can have a lot of mother-daughter time."

"Does this mean she will stay?" Kyojuro asked and both of his parents nodded. You kept on looking at them as tears started to run down your cheeks, you were happy that you got a new family that will love you and take care of you. You couldn't hold your wails anymore and started to sob and cry. The three panicked and thought that you didn't want this, but they didn't know that you were happy that you were accepted between them.

"Arigatō."