𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

The Sword
✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS, you worked hard and nonstop on your cursed speech so you can control it and get less damage from using it. Kyojuro and Senjuro were encouraging you to train, but mostly were concerned because of your throat damage.

Of course, you didn't abandon your train on your breathing style. It was essential for you to become a real demon slayer.

Shinjoru was still the same and probably got worse with each passing day. He refused to talk to you or Kyojuro at all and that saddened you. He became really aggressive and would yell at you if you insisted on him to have a meal with all of you as the happy family you used to have. Nothing really working with him.

But looking to the bright side...

You and Kyojuro got very very close to each other that you both developed feelings, but none of you wanted to talk first in fear of ruining your friendship. Kyojuro couldn't help but love the way you care for him and his sibling. You were his ideal future wife in almost everything and he couldn't find any flaws in you. You were perfect in his eyes. Not to mention the cute little things you do like crossing your arms in the shape of 'X' to refuse, or when you blush whenever he compliments you. However, he really didn't like that you were a demon slayer like him in fear you might die one day. He was trying to convince himself that you will be fine. If you survived the Final Selection, you can definitely survive your missions.

He has hope that both of you will get a happy ending.

You, on the other hand, were glad to have a guy like Kyojuro by your side. He was certainly everything you needed in this life. He held your hand when you needed someone to hold it and assure you that everything will be alright. His bright smile, his cheerful attitude, and loud voice were the things giving you joy everyday. He was giving you determination to carry on with your life and do whatever it takes to protect him and keep him safe. Your only desire was to face him and confess your undying love to him, but you couldn't. You were afraid that your current relationship with him might turn awkward, so you kept quiet. You just hoped that nobody would steal him away from you until you get the courage to confront him.

Both of you were helplessly in love with each other and just one trigger can make both of you admit your true feelings to each other.

✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

You sat outside the house with Kyojuro on the engawa, waiting for your sword to be delivered. It had been two months now and your sword was finally ready. As for Kyojuro, he was going to inherit his father's sword. You both already got your uniforms, so it was now up to the swords.

You both were waiting for a man named Haganezuka who was in charge of making your sword. "Are you excited to finally receive your sword, Y/N?" Kyojuro spoke up, breaking the silence between you both. You gave a small nod while muttering, "Shake." Kyojuro laughed loudly and ruffled your hair, "We can finally start missions together!" He said, giving you a bright smile. Kyojuro actually refused to do any missions before you get your sword. He claimed that his father's sword needed some final touches and some cleaning then it will be ready.

Suddenly, a man walked through the front gate and bot of you stood up to greet him. He was wearing a brown haori with yellow flower patterns, a Hyottoko mask that covers his face, and a big straw hat with small glass bells hanging from it. He walked toward you and both of you bowed in respect, "Welcome to the Rengoku estate." Kyojuro greeted and the man with the Hyottoko mask nodded, "Which one of you is Inumaki Y/N?" The spoke up with unamused tone. You stood up straight and raised your hand up.

"I'm Haganezuka and I'm here to give you your sword."

"Please, let's discuss this inside." Kyojuro politely requested, extending his hand toward the house.

After you all sat inside and served some tea your guest, the man pulled out a sword that was covered in a piece of cloth. When he pulled it out, you were surprised by the beautiful glittery silver sheath.

 When he pulled it out, you were surprised by the beautiful glittery silver sheath

"This is your sword." He handed it to you and you ever so delicately held it in your hands. You pulled it out and held it in your hand, waiting for what color your sword will turn into. Surprisingly, it turned pitched black, but the sharp side up to the tip was silver colored. Haganezuka hummed as he placed a hand on his chin over the mask, "It didn't turn red, but this is an odd combination of two colors. How rare." The man uttered, showing intrest in the sword.

"Your sword looks amazing, Y/N! It definitely suits your breathing style!" Kyojuro exclaimed as he eyed the sword. You blushed slightly and nodded, "I Like my sword, it's better than expected." You thought, placing the sword back in its sheath. Haganezuka explained a few more things and warned you to take a very good of the sword since he worked so hard in marking it before he left.

You were happy that soon enough you will start officially working as an active member of the Demon Slayer Corps.