𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

Almost Hopeless
✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

A WEEK...

It has been a week since you disappeared. Nobody knew where you went or found any clue that might lead them to you. Kyojuro was slowly losing hope, but something deep down was telling that he will find you eventually. Hopefully not dead though. Tanjiro, his friends, and even Nezuko where worried so much about you. They told Kyojuro that they will try their best to look for you. Karasu also didn't stop looking for you, poor crow didn't even rest because he was so worried about you.

Right now, Kyojuro was sitting in his room in the Rengoku household. In his hands was your bloodied haori, looking at it with disappointment. Not of you, he was disappointed of himself that he couldn't keep his promise to protect you. It was the first time he felt like this, it was rather strange and painful. He searched for a week straight without any rest until Oyakata sama gave him an order to rest while the others will continue the search party. Senjuro and Shinjoru were both concerned about you, well Shinjoru in his own way of course. They both just hoped you're alright.

The door to his room opened and in walked Senjuro with a cup of tea for his elder brother, "Nii-san, I made you some tea to help you rest." He said as he placed the cup down. Kyojuro didn't say anything as he just kept on staring at the snowflake patterned haori. The younger brother sighed and sat beside Kyojuro, placing his hand gently on the haori, "Don't worry about nee-san, she is strong and will return eventually." He assured, giving his brother a small smile that might make Kyojuro brightens up.

Kyojuro shook his head as he closed his eyes, "I don't know, Senjuro. We have been looking everywhere for a week and there's no clue about her whereabouts yet." He stated, letting out a sigh of his own. For Senjuro, it was the first time he sees his brother so down and depressed like this. He would always have that high spirit and determination to motivate him to keep moving, but now... He appeared to be tired and hopeless. Senjuro held his brother's hand and gave it a light squeeze, "You said it, nii-san. No clues yet which means you still can find one that will lead you to her. You shouldn't give up now, nee-san needs you." Kyojuro was surprised when he saw the determination look Senjuro had.

It was clear that his little brother wanted him to continue looking for you with high hopes. A small smile formed on Kyojuro's lips as he petted his brother's head, "You're right, there's still a chance that Y/N might return home." Senjuro smiled back, giving a firm nod. He was glad that Kyojuro still have a little hope that you will be found. He just needs to be patient and concentrate on finding, completely ignoring any dark thoughts that might make him give up on looking for you.

"Please be safe, sunflower..."

✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

Your eyes flickered open, finding yourself staring up at a blank ceiling. You felt yourself being so exhausted that you couldn't even lift your hand up, but you can't just stay here...

You need to return home and quickly, your friends might be worried about you since you don't know how long you were out. With the little of the strength you have, you started to slowly push yourself up. However, a sudden pain shot through your body, forcing you to lay down again. You hissed and whimpered as the pain was a bit unbearable. Your memory was fuzzy, you don't know what happened after you passed out. You were glad that you survived from that Upper Moon, it was actually a miracle you're still alive. However, how is your wounds not healed yet? Is your reverse curse technique needs more work on?

The door to the room opened which caught your attention. You turned your head a saw a dark haired woman wearing a floral purple kimono. She had a concerned look as she walked toward you and sat down, "I'm glad you're awake, please don't move too much. Your injuries are too severe." She said with a gentle and soft voice. You didn't know this woman, but you can sense that she is a demon. However, she wasn't harming you at all... she was actually checking your wounds.

Is she like Nezuko? A friendly demon?

The woman let out a sigh of relief when she noticed that your wounds didn't reopen, "Please don't move too much, you were at the average of death when we brought you here." She spoke up again, offering you a gentle smile. She noticed that you weren't talking and just staring at her, "Oh, how could I forget... My name is Tamayo and I'm a doctor." She introduced herself to you. You wanted to speak, but your throat was hurting you so much to even say anything; thus, you slowly raised your hands and did a writing motion.

Tamayo understood that you wanted something to write on so you can communicate with her. She nodded in understanding, "Alright, I have some papers in my office... Yushiro!" She called and soon later a boy with light green hair walked in, you also sensed that he is a demon too.

"Yes lady Tamayo!" He said as stars formed around him. "Please bring some papers and pen for our guest." She said politely while helping you sit up. Yushiro's eyes turned to you, his glare made you flinch, but you ignored it the best you could. The boy nodded firmly and left the room to bring some papers. Once you sat up, you could feel the bandages around your upper body, throat, and head. Not to mention the plasters on your face.

"I have seen you fight Upper Moon One that night, you really managed to harm his body severely even without a blade."

"That night? What does she mean by that?"

Lady Tamayo noticed your puzzlement and realized that you were probably unaware of how long you been asleep. She looked at you sadly as she let out a sigh, "If you're wondering, you have been unconscious for a week. It's probably from the blood loss that you suffered a short coma." She explained which made you look at her with shook.

That was too much! You're now certain that everyone is worried about you and looking for you, especially Kyojuro. He is surely worried sick about you. This was really unbelievable... You have to return as soon a possible!