𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡

Leave the Past Behind
✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

YOU STEPPED OUTSIDE THE HOUSE to begin your fight. The demon smirked as he revealed his claws and fangs in amusement while you kept on taking deep breaths to concentrate on your technique. Your ex-family were still in the house shivering in fear, watching your fight with the man-eating creature.

The demon chuckled evilly, "A demon slayer? I haven't seen one in a while... I think I can share you with my friends." He mockingly said, but you didn't react. You just narrowed your eyes at him, "Is he planning to bring other demons?" You thought, being cautious of your surroundings. The demon sliced the palm of his hand out of blue and let the blood drop down on the ground.

"Takana..."

You worriedly muttered, seeing the blood mutating in a very disgusting way until there was three more of that demon. You let out a small gasp while the demon kept on chuckling, "This is my Demon Blood Art. I can manipulate my blood to make multiple copies of myself with the same strength."

"Damn it..."

You have to fight four demons in raw now and you weren't used to this. It didn't happen to you to face more than one demon in one time like this. This will require from you to use all of your senses so they don't take advantage of you being distracted. Griping your sword, you took your fighting stance.

"Let's kill the demon slayer!"

The four of them jumped at you at once and you readied your first attack, "Eighth Form: Raging Snowstorm." You did a backflip while quickly sending multiple slashes to them, cutting their limbs. However, you noticed only three demons in your range.

"Oka-san!!"

You hear a scream and turned your head around, seeing your mother shielding the little boy. You couldn't use you cursed speech because of your ex-parents might get hurt, so you did the first thing that came to your mind. You held your sword like a spear and threw it at the demon with the snow trailing behind it, it hit him in the head and turned him to blood immediately.

It was a good opportunity for the family to move away from him and go to safety.

The other copies regenerated their missing limbs and dashed at you, "RETURN!" You commanded, making the demons to return to be just puddles of blood. You stood there in shook, "They are all copies! But where's the real demon?" You thought, but then it clicked, "He went to them?" You were about to move when you suddenly felt a slash on your back.

You winced in pain as you fell down on your stomach, "Hahaha, such an idiot! You didn't notice that I made another copy!" The demon taunted as he harshly stepped on your fresh wound. You gasped out, but you held your scream of pain, "You're a weakling!" He said, adding more pressure on your back. You gritted your teeth, gathering enough energy and turning your head back, "BLAST AWAY!" The demon was thrown away and you quickly stood up, dashing toward your sword.

You picked it up, "Ninth Form: Ice Armor!" You ceased any body movements and engaged a skill created ice armor around the arms and legs to increase their speed and strength. The demon couldn't even see you and the last thing he knew was his head flying away. You gasped and tried to stop the bleeding by your Total Concentration Breathing. At least you managed to kill the demon.

"Caw! Help is on the way! Caw!" You heard Karasu yell which assured you. You felt pain in throat and blood seeping out of your mouth since you used your technique three times in raw. The power left your legs and you collapsed on your knees.

"Y/N!!" You heard your mother calling. She crouched beside you while checking your wound, "Are you alright? Your injury is pretty deep. Come inside so we can treat it." She worriedly said and you shock your head in refusal, "Oka...ka..." You trailed off, slowly standing up, but you failed miserably and feel down on your knees again.

Your father and brother stood back, a look of regret was written on your father's face. He knew you would never forgive them for what they have done to you in the past. He felt guilty for leaving you behind like you weren't their own daughter.

A few minutes later, three of the Kakushi had arrived to take you back to the HQ for treating your wound. You were placed on a carrier(?) since you lost consciousness two minutes ago. The female Kakushi bowed respectfully to the family and said, "Arigatō for taking care of Inumaki san until our arrival, I will make sure to report about the demon attacking your residence." Your mother shook her head, "It's not a problem, but is she going to be fine?" She asked with concern in her eyes.

The Kakushi nodded, "I'm sure she will be after taking a good treatment. We must take our leave, sayonara." She assuringly said before bowing and walking alongside her colleagues. Your family stood there, watching you disappearing from their view. Your mother started crying making the little boy worried, "Otou-san, why is oka-san crying?" Your father ruffled his son's hair and then held his wife close to him, "She is just scared, son." He said which made his son hug his mother legs.

"I hope that you will forgive us one day my daughter." Your father thought as he held his wife closer to him.