𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘

Hashira
✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

YEARS HAD PASSED RATHER QUICKLY, you are now nineteen years old. You actually turned into a beautiful and cute young lady. Even though with the marks on your cheeks, a lot of men asked for your hand in marriage. However, you refused due to your strong feelings toward Kyojuro. You were ready to sacrifice everything just to be with him. Still, some of the men were trying to get your approval up until this moment.

You actually missed Kyojuro so much.

He had been really busy with the missions a lot and rarely stays home. He was travelling a lot in trips that takes days and maybe weeks. He would just drop by to check on you and Senjuro then leaves quickly for his missions.

You couldn't forget how much happy he was when he told you that he was promoted as a Hashira three years ago.

F L A S H B A C K : -
You were preparing yourself for your mission. It was in the nearby village, not that far. It has been a week since last you saw him. A sigh left your lips as you placed the Nichirin blade in your belt, 'Kyojuro san, I miss you so much.' You thought, gripping tightly on the katana's handle.

"Nee-san!" You heard Senjuro calling you which made you snap out of your thoughts. You opened the door and saw the little boy running toward you with a big smile on his face. You tilted your head in confusion, "Tuna?" You questioned while Senjuro panted slightly, "N-Nii-san...is h-here!" At his words, your eyes widened in shock before rushing out of the room to where Rengoku was. You found him outside, waiting outside the house.

You quickly went to him and gave him a hug from behind, taking him by surprise. The said male looked back and smiled when he saw you, "Hello to you too Y/N!" He spoke up, laughing afterwards.

"Takana?!" You worriedly asked after pulling away from the hug. Kyojuro laughed and petted your head, "I'm doing alright, Y/N. You don't need to be concerned about me." He assured you while giving you his bright smile.

You smiled back at him, happy that he was alright and uninjured. After what happened in his first mission and how he ruptured his eardrums to defeat the Flute Demon, you became mostly concerned about him. You didn't know about this until he told and let's just say you were displeased about this and got really mad. He had to take you out and buy you everything you like just to get your forgiveness.

A sigh of relief escaped your lips subconsciously which made Kyojuro beam at you, "Anyway, I came to tell you that I became a Hashira!" You looked up at him with surprised look then engulfed him in a hug, "Tuna mayo!!" Kyojuro could hear the happiness in your tone which made him laugh and hug you back, "Arigatō, Y/N."

He pulled away and placed his hands on your shoulders, "You should work more Y/N so you can be the Winter Hashira with me." He said in encouraging manner. For some reason, you felt weak. Even with your cursed technique, you still couldn't achieve such thing as Hashira.

You looked down and nodded your head, not saying anything. Kyojuro felt the negative energy emitting from you, "It's okay, N/N. It will take time, but you will be a Hashira soon. Just keep the hard work." He said, giving your shoulders a light squeeze. You looked at him a gave a small smile, "Shake." You agreed, feeling a bit better.

"That's my Y/N! I'm sure you can do it! Hahaha!"

You blushed when he said 'My Y/N', but you shook it off. You to work hard so you can be with Kyojuro.

E N D   O F   F L A S H B A C K
You sighed again and started to leave the house for your given task. You already said goodbye to Senjuro, so you were now to leave the house.

"I really do miss Kyojuro san, it has been weeks since last I saw him." You thought with sadness. You quickly shook the thoughts away and concentrated on the mission in hand.

✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

You arrived to the small village by sunset. Everyone was already in their houses which made you think that they were probably traumatized by the demon looming around their peaceful village.

You kept your guards up in case if a demon attacked you. As you walked, you saw a shadow go quickly in the small alleyway. You started to follow after it to see where this shadow was heading. You saw the shadow get into one of the houses and a scream was heard from inside. You ran inside and saw a man hold his family close to him to protect them from the demon. You pulled your sword out and dashed at the demon, cutting his hands off and kicking him out of the house.

"Arigatō!" You heard the man say, but you froze in place. This voice was familiar.

You turned your head and saw the family you protected. To your surprise, it was your real family... The people who abandoned you long time ago.

Both your parents looked at you with shock as your mother recognized your face, "Y/N?..." You didn't reply to her. Your eyes averted to the boy in her arms...This was definitely their child, your little brother. It was like a stab in your heart, "You're still alive... H-How?" Your father asked, but you still didn't reply to them. You turned around as you gasped your sword tightly, feeling your throat tighten.

You didn't want to get distracted by them, so you focused on the demon who was now standing by the door. You gulped and prepared for the fight, "Blast away!" You commanded, making your cursed energy send the demon out of the house.

Even though you were trying to calm down, you couldn't. The fact that you met your family was so much for you... They moved on and managed to replace you with a child they consider normal...