𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

Childhood Sweethearts
✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

"You're cursed!"

"No matter what, don't open your mouth or you will kill us all."

"It would be better if we dispose of her."

"Those talismans should never be removed."

Your eyes fluttered open as a tear slid down your face. Those memories came as a nightmare to you, still unable to believe that you were easily replaced by your parents. You stared blankly at the ceiling before sitting up to see where you are.

The place was kind of unfamiliar and looked like an Infirmary, "What is this place?" You thought, trying to figure out some information by yourself

The place was kind of unfamiliar and looked like an Infirmary, "What is this place?" You thought, trying to figure out some information by yourself. The last thing you remembered is you passing out after finishing your assigned mission, but after that it was pitch black. The door suddenly opened and you didn't notice, not until someone spoke up, "Ara ara, I see you're finally awake." You heard a sweet voice talking to you.

You turned your head and saw a woman with dark hair and purple tips, her eyes were purple as will and without irises, making her eyes look like the ones of insect. She was wearing a demon slayer uniform along with a butterfly-patterned haori.

"Moshi moshi." She greeted with that sweet smile.

You tilted your head in questioning manner, "Tuna?" You spoke up, making the woman look at you with confusion.

She approached you and did a quick checkup with her eyes, "Gomennasai, but I don't understand you. My name is Kocho Shinobu, what's your name?" She introduced herself, handing you some papers and a brush in an inkpot to use. You carefully took out the brush and wrote down your name, showing it to her after you finished.

"Inumaki Y/N, it's very nice to meet you." She offered you a soft smile with her eyes closed. You felt something was off about this smile... She has a burning anger within her heart, you can feel it. You shrugged the feelings off and smiled in return. Shinobu gave a hum and said, "If you would allow me to check on your wounds." You nodded and let her see your injuries.

It didn't take her long as she finished her checkup, "Ara ara, Inumaki chan you're recovering rather quickly." She mused as you nodded in understanding.

"There's someone who has been nagging to see you, Inumaki chan and I'm sure you would be happy to see him."

You blinked a few times, not knowing who she was talking about. Before any of you can say anything, the door bursted open to reveal the person you missed the most. Kyojuro dashed toward you and tucked you into a tight hug, "Thank goodness you're alright!" He exclaimed, squeezing you more to his chest while Shinobu laughed, "Rengoku san surely missed you." She said, continuing her laughter.

"Ta...kana!" You gasped, trying to signal to Kyojuro that you were suffocating.

✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

After the warm welcome you received from Kyojuro, Shinobu left to let you both have some privacy in talking. He was sitting on the bed while smiling that smile you adore.

"So N/N, what happened in your mission? How did you get injured?" Rengoku spoke up, earning your attention. Thankfully you still have the items Shinobu gave you, so you used them to tell him. You handed the paper to him, "The demon I fought was able to multiply himself by using his blood. He had three clones of himself and I wasn't used to this." He read it to himself, giving a firm nod. He then looked up and suddenly his face was too close to yours which resulted in you blushing a light shade of red, "I'm glad you're alright, but there's something bothering you. I can sense it, would you like to tell me about it?" He asked you, seeing right through you.

Your gaze averted from his eyes, your hands being the most interesting thing in the world, "Shake..." You declared in low voice, making Kyojuro worried. You started to write down what you have been hiding in your heart. You trust Kyojuro with all of your heart, so telling him this wouldn't cause you any problem. In fact, he will support you and comfort you like how he always does. You gave him the paper, still not looking at him. He took it and started to read it to himself.

"The demon I fought attacked a family... my previous family. Not only that, I also saw a child with them... my brother. They have replaced me like I was nothing. I felt so worthless, am I cursed that much? I can't just forgive them like that, not after what they did."

The Flame Hashira's hands gripped the paper tightly as his cheerful smile was replaced with a scowl. He looked at you and his eyes softened, seeing your frame shaking as quiet sobs left your lips, "Tuna...mayo..." You managed to let these words out through the sobs.

"Oh Y/N..."

Kyojuro trailed off and wrapped his arms around you, placing a hand on the top of your head to stroke your hair, "It's alright, Y/N. Let it all out, you don't have to forgive them if you're hurt so much because of them." He soothed you, making you cry more and hold into him tightly. You buried your face in his chest while he continued to whisper sweet nothings to comfort you. He would always be there for you, to encourage to move forward and forget the past. He was hoping that you would just forget about them and concentrate on the future ahead.

After a few minutes, you calmed down and pulled away from the hug. Kyojuro brought his hand to your face and wiped your tears away, "You feel better now?" He asked, giving you a warm smile. You nodded and sniffed a bit, "Shake."

The blond man stood up and held his hand out, "Since you're feeling better, I want you to meet my comrades and friends!" You blinked a few time to process the information until shyness took over you.

"Okaka..."

Kyojuro laughed, "Hahaha, don't worry Y/N! I'm sure they will like you!" However, his words didn't comfort you as you felt nervous about meeting new faces.