𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬

A Smile Has Returned
✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

K Y O J U R O ' S      P O V:-
MY EYES OPENED SLOWLY, FINDING only darkness around me. I looked around me yet found nothing but darkness. I was confused as I couldn't understand what was this place, 'Is this hell?' I thought as I started to take my first step. I walked through the endless darkness, unknowing where am I going.

The last thing I know was seeing my mother after I finished that mission and fight with upper moon 3. I'm glad I saved everyone in the train, but only one person came to my mind...

Y/N...

I'm sure she's crying over my dead body right now. I was planning on proposing to her after this mission, but it seems this won't happen any time soon. I've always dreamt of this day when Y/N is my wife and had kids... I would be the happiest man in this world. A sad smile tugged on my lips, 'I'm sorry, Y/N...' Was all I thought, but then I heard something that made stop in my place...

Kyojuro...

That voice was familiar... Can it be...? No way! She can't talk normally like us. Was this really Y/N calling me? Suddenly, I felt something tugging my haori. I looked down and saw a small version of Y/N, but she had a blank look as some weird papers covered her mouth. Is this how you looked like when father found you? I felt sadness raising in my chest as I saw how emotionless Y/N as I stared down at her. She then looked up at me with big innocent E/C eyes and tugged my haori again as if signaling me to kneel down.

I crouched down and smiled at her, "Hello little Y/N! Do you know the way out of here?" She nodded her head and that made me happy, "Great! Can you lead me?" I asked again and she replied with a nod as well.

"Then let's go!"

I was about to stand up, but little Y/N held into my sleeve which stopped me from standing. I gave her a puzzled look, "What's wrong? You want so-..." I was cut of when she suddenly hugged me tightly. I was startled at first, but then smiled and hugged her back, closing my eyes in process. She then pulled away and placed both of her hands gently on my cheeks, putting her forehead against mine...

Her E/C eyes staring directly at mine, 'Wake up please... I can't live without you...' Surprisingly, I was able to hear her thoughts. I was speechless as words escaped from me. Before I can add anything, bright light appeared out of nowhere and engulfed both of us.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Rengoku san! Rengoku san!"

My eyes opened for the second time, but this time I was met with the eyes of Kamado kun looking down at me with relief. I smiled at him as I slowly sat up after he moved away, "I'm glad you're alright, Rengoku san! I was so worried!" He exclaimed while wiping his eyes from the tears. I chuckled and shook my head... but then I noticed something...

My eye was no longer injured and the wound in my stomach was deadly, but now it's gone... There was no pain at all...

I looked at Tanjiro, "Kamado my boy, please tell me what happened?"

He nodded and started to tell me what happened after I "passed away" which actually surprised me, but I kept my composure. I let out a deep sigh, "So I was asleep for three days... I understand this, but how did Y/N revive me and heal my wounds? I have to ask her. Anyway, where is she right now? I would like to see her!" I said, smiling happily at the thought of seeing my beloved Y/N.

"One more thing, did Y/N happen to call my name?"

Tanjiro kept on thinking for a moment then nodded, "I believe she did call your name." I smiled softly after hearing his answer.

So you did call my name... I cannot mistake your voice at all...

I quickly pushed the blanket away and stood up, "R-Rengoku san! You can't just leave, Kocho san has to check on you first!" Kamado protested as he panicked, but I just laughed it off.

"Don't worry about me, I need to find Y/N first then let Kocho san check on me!" After I said that, I dashed out of the infirmary in search of my future wife.

✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

As I speed-walked through the hallways, I did my best in avoiding Kocho san and any of the butterfly girls. I kept on looking until I found my girl sitting on the engawa, leaning her head on the post beside her.

She was asleep clearly.

I went there quietly and sat beside her, trying not to wake her up. As I looked at her face, I frowned upon seeing the trails of tears on her cheeks. Was she crying? I gently moved her white hair away from her face to see her more clearly, she is as pretty as always. I took this moment to admir her beauty, I'm so lucky to have her.

I love you would never be enough to express how much you mean to me. You're my world Y/N, the person I care about more then just a family. You're the one who will live with me through all of the life difficulties and remain by my side. I promise to protect you and keep you safe no matter what, I will make sure of that. I got another chance to be with you and I won't let it go to waste, you have saved me.

Suddenly, Y/N stirred in her sleep and slowly opened her eyes. I smiled once she looked at me, shock, relief, and surprise mixed in her expression. Tears appeared in her eyes as she sobbed and threw herself at me in a hug that I welcomed gladly.

"Tuna mayo! Konbu!" She cried and I laughed, petting het head.

"I'm glad to see you too, my dear. I missed you so much." I whispered in her ear as she continued to cry. I just held her tightly in my arms, enjoying the moment between both of us.

I just love you so so so much to leave you behind.