𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘

Fight Until the End
[Y/N VS Kokushibou]
✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

YOU STOOD BEFORE UPPER MOON ONE with a determined look, but deep down you were scared. He is so powerful that he broke your sword with one hand easily, like it was just a mere wooden stick. You started to take deep breaths to calm yourself down, you still have a chance to survive. You can use your cursed speech and flee quickly, but what are the possibilities? He is an upper moon which means he can regenerate faster and chase you. Your survival chances are so low, but if you're to die here, you should kill him... You have to!

Another thing is, you can't just fight in this village. People will get killed if he started fighting you right here. You gritted your teeth in anger, "Damn it! I need to lure him away from this village, but how? Maybe I should just go for it and escape so he would follow me..." You thought as you threw your broken sword away since it's useless now. You heard the demon let out a hum, "I know what you're thinking... Even if you leave here, I will get you before you could even take one step." He calmly said as if he doesn't really care about anything.

You exhaled and looked up at him with a frown, "Blast away!" You yelled, sending a powerful force to push Kokushibou away from the village as far as possible. You quickly followed him with your full speed, using the same word a few times to push him more away from the village. However, he managed to stop himself once you both entered the forest. You halted once he stopped and readied yourself for the fight, "So, this is how your abilities work. It's like you're forcing me to do your commands." He stated as he pulled his sword out.

You saw the eyes decorating his blade which for you was kinda disgusting, "This won't last long though." Once he muttered this, he dashed at you in an incredible speed. Your eyes widened as you felt your legs stuck in their place, "Move! Quickly move!" You thought to yourself, trying to move before he could strike you. Just in time as his blade swang down, you jumped away before the blow. You let out a sigh of relief as you landed down, but you could see the damage on the ground, "If I remained there, he could've sliced me to half... Thankfully I moved away." You thought and prepared for the attack.

You could feel pain in your throat since you used your power a few times earlier, but it wasn't something you can't hold, "Explode!" You yelled, hoping this will effect him strongly and maybe kill him. However, he jumped away and got only his leg to explode. You cursed under your breath as he landed down gracefully, his leg returning rather faster than any normal demon. He looked unfazed by your attack as he held his sword up, "I believe I must take this fight to another level." He said which confused you.

What does he mean by that?

"Moon Breathing: First Form: Dark Moon, Evening Palace." You saw Kokushibou swing his sword swiftly in a singular horizontal motion, creating several numerous chaotic crescent blades. You saw the trees around you got destroyed as those blades dashed at you, "RETURN!" You screamed louder this time, making the attack go back to the upper moon and he dodged them with ease like usual. The pain in your throat increased as you started to cough out blood, "My throat hurts so much... I can't breathe properly..." You thought as you forced yourself to continue fighting.

Suddenly, a piercing pain shot through your body. Kokushibou was right in front of you, his sword right through your side. You coughed more blood as the pain was unbearable, "Crumble away!" You exclaimed, forcing the demon to crush on the ground so you can get time to heal your wound. You moved away from him, focusing your curse energy to heal your wound. However, the process was too slow. You should have trained more to control your healing technique.

You could see the upper moon quickly recovering from your attack, "I can't breathe... My throat hurts and my wound is not healing quickly any time soon..." You thought, watching the demon standing before you uninjured. Determination replaced your fear as you forced your body to straighten, "Only one option left... I have to use the forbidden word..." You thought as you remembered your father's warning about saying that word even by mistake...

"If you ever use this word, you will be a criminal. It's dangerous for you and other people."

That was the only thing you can do for now... To save everyone from him, you need to sacrifice.

Meanwhile in the Demon Slayer HQ...

Your crow flew above the building as he was screaming with panic, "Caw! Send back ups! Caw! Inumaki Y/N is fighting an upper moon! Caw! Send back ups! Caw! Inumaki sama is in danger! Caw!"

Right when Karasu called, all of the Hashiras -even Kyojuro because he insisted to attend- were having a meeting. Kyojuro's eyes widened when he heard this, "Fighting an upper moon?" He mumbled, feeling a tug in his heart. Karasu landed into the meeting room, "Send back ups! Caw! Inumaki sama is fighting upper moon one! Caw!" Everyone in the room gasped in shock.

Mitsuri clasped her hands together as she looked scared, "Oh no! We need to help her!" She exclaimed in panic. Shinobu nodded in agreement, "Her life is in grave danger, we can't just let her fight alone." She added with a very serious look. Everyone in the room seem to agree with her, but Kyojuro didn't waste anytime and stood up, "If you will excuse me Oyakata sama, I need to go and help Y/N before she gets hurt." Was all he said before bowing respectfully and left the room with your crow leading him.

"I have to cancel the meeting... Shinazugawa san, Kanroji san, and Uzui san, you three go and help Rengoku san to find her." He ordered and the two nodded and took their leave to follow after Kyojuro.

Back with you...

Your state was so bad and worrying, your wound was so severe and still not healed yet plus to your semi damaged throat. Your E/C eyes went to ground as a plan formed in your mind, "I can distract him and go behind him. Yes, like that I can say the word and end him." You thought, trying to calm yourself down.

"EXPLODE!"

You yelled, sending a great force to the ground to make a great explosion so the dust and dirt can blind him. You could feel the pain increase, but you ignored it and went behind him before he could see you...

"Di-..." You didn't get to say it fully as Kokushibou quickly turned around and slashed you across the chest deeply from your shoulder to your side, causing your haori to get ripped and fell down. You were about to say it and kill him...

If you said the word 'Die' he will die for sure.

You dropped down, unable to even stand anymore. Your throat was completely damaged and you can't breathe properly. Kokushibou sheathed his sword and walked toward you, "Dying from blood loss is enough and merciful for you, but I must confess that you impressed me. No demon slayer managed to land a single hit on me, but you... You made my leg explode and forced me on the ground that I felt my bone broke. You're very special, but you have to die..." His calm voice was fading as black dots appeared in your vision, completely ignoring the demon towering over you.

"I failed... I couldn't kill him... I'm sorry Kyojuro... everyone..." You thought as you closed your eyes, surrendering yourself to the darkness.