𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

Upper Moon One
✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

AS YOU WERE MAKING YOUR WAY BACK to the Demon Slayer Corps, your crow landed on your shoulder to inform you about your upcoming mission.

"Caw! Inumaki sama! Head to the west! Caw! Humans are disappearing! Go and investigate! Caw!" Karasu screamed which made you sigh and nod your head. Now you have to go to your mission without visiting Kyojuro. Karasu noticed your down spirit as you dropped your shoulders, "Caw! Rengoku sama acknowledges your mission! Caw! No need to worry! Caw!" He screamed and you felt a bit reassured.

You took a deep breath and nodded, "Shake." Stating this, you turned on your heels and went to the assigned direction of your mission.

T I M E   S K I P :-
When you arrived to the village, you started to ask the people about the disappearance. Some of them kindly answered you, some ignored you, and some even appeared to be scared to answer.

You spend the rest of the day searching for any clues that might lead you to the demon, but to no avail. Nothing was there to get you to the demon which kinda made you upset. It was now sunset and you sat on the rooftop of one of the houses. You stared at nothing in particular as you sank into your thought, "No traces of the demon anywhere, even in the crime scenes. I can't even sense them, they might be a powerful one at this rate." You thought and stood up to stroll around for a bit.

You walked calmly throughout the quiet village since the people went to their houses rather earlier than usual. As you walked, you felt like you were being watched and a demonic presence around you. Your hand subconsciously went to the handle of your sword and gripped it tightly. Your eyes suddenly widened when you saw a figure standing away from you and quickly pulled your sword out. You felt strong vibes coming from them which made shivers running down your spine, "There something strange about this person... Their aura is powerful..." Your thoughts stopped when the person stepped forward.

Your face paled as you found yourself face to face with a long haired demon that had six eyes, but that wasn't the problem though. The kanji words in his eyes made freeze in fear.

Upper Moon One...

You couldn't move or utter a singel word after seeing those words... He is one of the most powerful demons that every demon slayer wanted to kill. You gulped the lump in your throat and tried to composed yourself, "My hands are shaking so badly. Why am I scared?" You stared at your Nichirin and tried to steady your grip on it. The demon stared at you with an expressionless face and eyed your posture, "So you're the demon slayer upper moon three spoke of." He spoke up which made you flinch slightly and get alerted.

You inhaled and exhaled deeply to calm your raising heartbeat, "Shake..." You said as you had a determined look on your face. The upper moon sighed and took a few steps forward, "It's the first time I see a human with special abilities like yours, humans are not worthy of having you by their side." He said which irritated you.

You frowned upon hearing his statement, this demon had the audacity to insult humans like they were lowlifes. Upper Moon one let out a hum when he didn't hear any reply from you, "Your ability seems to be an obstacle to your speech. No matter, now why don't you leave the humans behind and become a demon?" A small gasp left your lips when you heard his request.

You blinked a few times and then shook you head in rejection. He didn't give any reaction to your refusal, "I see... I expected you to refuse anyway... However, I'm sure you were neglected because of this ability of yours. It's obvious among humans that the special ones are treated as monsters." He stated, hitting the right note. You froze for a moment as you remembered how your parents treated you.

He was saying something true.

You were treated badly because of your cursed speech, nobody wanted to have anything to do with you. You doubt your loyalty for a moment, but...

You remembered the Rengoku family.

They accepted you for who are you, they never saw you as a burden. They welcomed you with open arms and warm smiles, they never made you feel like an outsider and adored your ability.

You shook the negative thoughts away from your head and looked at him with a frown which made the demon understand that no matter what he says, you're not accepting his offer. Your eyes averted to Karasu who was flying above you. He understood your signal and flew away to get help from one of the Hashiras.

The demon shook his head in disappointment and placed his hand on his sword, "What a shame, you have a great potential to become even an Upper Moon." He stated, closing his eyes as way to show disappointment. You didn't waste anytime and prepare for your attack, "Winter Breathing: Fifth Form: Snow Blast!" You charged at the demon with full speed to deliver a single thrust, but he effortlessly held held your sword in place as if it was nothing. You stared up at him with fear and shock, you're now in a dangerous situation.

"Winter Breathing... I have encountered someone with the same breathing style." He spoke up, tightening his grip on the sword until it started to crack. However, was he taking about your teacher? You snapped out of your thought when you heard your sword snap... He broke it with no difficulty.

You used this opportunity to jump away from him, but your body started to shake violently as you realized that you're defenseless. You know have to rely on your cursed speech, "This might damage my throat, but I have to survive until help comes or for the sun to raise. I need to fight and hold on for sometime, I have no other option." You thought as you growled under your breath.

Your life is in danger indeed, but you weren't going down easily. You will fight with everything you have until your last breath. Even if you're going to die here, you will make sure to take this demon with you. You have to fight until your very last moment...

You have to set your heart ablaze and let your soul burn with passion, Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it. That's what Kyojuro told you and you will keep the hope up to fight, even without a sword.

"I will not fail! For everyone in the Demon Slayer Corps and Kyojuro!"