𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

Upside Down
═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

A YEAR HAS PASSED, everything in your life was going just fine. You became more talkative thanks to the new way of communicating Ruka had created. A lot of things happened that it changed everything.

Both you and Kyojuro started training with the swords which has a great influential role in developing your relationship with him. The boy was nothing but only kind to you and you were thankful for that. He would give you some tips about training with the sword since you didn't hold a sword before. By the time you were about three months in training, you managed to grasp the information of dealing with a sword in your mind. You and Kyojuro were soon to be demon slayers and kill all of the demons. Kyojuro also felt that he needs to be by your side and protect you no matter what the case. Even though he is like the beaming sun, he is actually shy when it comes to compliment you. He would mentally encourage himself to tell you what he has in mind.

One day, you sat outside with him after training. You both were a bit tired of the sword swinging, but nonetheless you managed to improve your skills. You were looking at sky when Kyojuro suddenly spoke up, "You did great today Y/N! If we train more, we will get stronger before we start our jobs as demon slayers!" He exclaimed, giving you that bright smile that always makes you blush. You nodded your head, "Shake!" You smiled at him back with determination. Kyojuro could feel his heart skip a beat as he saw your beautiful smile, he didn't want to do anything but watch this smile that always made his day brighter.

You noticed that the boy went quiet and tilted your head, "Takana?" You wondered which made Kyojuro snap out of his thought and chuckle a bit, "Don't worry, N/N. I'm just thinking."

"Tuna mayo."

Kyojuro understood from your pronunciation and look that you wanted to know what he has in mind, so he just laughed and ruffled your hair, "Well, if you want to know... I'm planning on taking otou-san's place as the Flame Hashira." Your eyes sparkled, imagining how he would be when he is a Hashira. You nodded your head repeatedly and raised your hand up, "Tuna tuna!" Kyojuro laughed at your adorable respond.

"You want to be a Hashira too?"

"Shake!"

You both shared a laugh together, knowing that everything will go as you want. However and as training went on, you didn't seem to be understanding the Flame Breathing training strategy. You couldn't manage the training or the way to perform the forms which really disappointed you, but Shinjoru got a better idea for you.

One of his friends who retired from the Demon Slayer Corps not long ago might be able to help you out. The man was the Winter Breath style user which might actually suits you. After a few days of training, you found your able to improve a lot. The disadvantage was that you were no longer able to train with your childhood sweetheart. You would return by evening all tired and exhausted from the rough training.

That wasn't the only problem...

When you become ten and Kyojuro eleven, Ruka fell sick with an unknown disease. The doctor informed that there's actually no cure for such an illness like this. Little by little, she ended up staying in bed because she got weak, so you had to do some of the chores and cook for the males plus taking care of Senjuro. Not to mention, Shinjoru had changed a lot as well. He started to get snappy which actually worried you. He also retired from the Demon Slayer Corps for unknown reasons.