𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

The Swordsmith Village
✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

YOU WALKED THROUGH THE SWORDSMITH village toward Hanagezuka house, but not before buying some mitarashi dangos since it was his favorite food. You knew he was going to explode in your face because of your rare visits; thus, you came prepared just in case.

Hanagezuka Hotaru was like a father figure to you. You visited him once when your sword needed a very good sharpening since it wasn't functioning well in one of your missions. When you went there and told him about it, he started to scream at you for ruining such a masterpiece. You felt really bad and almost cried because of his harsh words. That day your crow, Karasu, was with you and he started to scream back at Hanagezuka for being mean to you.

Hanagezuka believed that your sword was very special since he had never seen any sword with two colors before, so seeing your sword getting damaged made him loose his temper. However and for the first time, he felt sorry because it wasn't your fault that your sword wasn't that sharp. He even apologized and told you that it's okay, but you shouldn't do it again or BREAK your sword. You visited the next time and bought dangos with you as a way to apologize, you didn't know it was his favorite. Since that day, you continued your visits and the man was actually considering you as his own daughter. He even screamed at a man who was flirting with you one day.

This time, you have no one to save you from the scolding though.

You could see his house from afar and you gulped, "I don't wanna get scolded." You mentally cried while approaching his house. You stood in front of the door and took a deep breath, "Alright, here comes nothing." You thought and knocked on the door. You could hear footsteps rushing toward the door and then it slammed open only to be met with the Hyottoko mask of Hanagezuka, "Don't interrupt my work!!" He screamed while you stood frozen in place. When he saw it was you, he noticed a small teardrops in the corner of your eyes as your form turned chibi, "Y/N..." He called as he calmed a bit.

"K-Konbu..." You greeted with a wavering voice while having a small smile.

✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

You both sat down as you noticed Hanagezuka crossing his arms, showing you that he was mad at you. You were shivering in place as you were scared to speak first, but you have to eventually. Thankfully, he understands the way you speak and knows about your condition.

"Tuna m-..."

"HOW DARE YOU NOT VISIT ME FOR LONG?! DON'T TELL ME MISSIONS BECAUSE I WILL NOT BELIEV-..."

You quickly pulled out a dango and put it in front of his face, making him go quiet once he saw it. You let out a sigh of relief when you saw the hearts around him when he saw the sweets. He took off the scarf and mask and started to eat the dango with delight, "You're lucky I like them." He said, stuffing his mouth with the food. You breathed out, "Thank god he is calm now." You thought as you were about to cry from happiness.

You survived this time.

You studied the features of the man in front of you. He had a pretty long black hair and beautifully shaped eyes, his features were really manly. You wondered how he didn't get married at this age. The only thing that you didn't like is the frown on his face, he is always mad and angry about almost everything especially about his swords. Maybe you can do a matchmaking to find him a good wife that can accept him for himself.

"So, what's the occasion of your visit?" You snapped out of your thoughts when you heard the dark haired man talking to you. You pulled out a paper that you had wrote all about your problem in and the difficulty of making a decision. You handed it to him and he read through it carefully, analyzing every word written on the paper. After finishing, he hummed for a moment, gathering his thoughts to know what to tell you. You waited in anticipation while playing with your fingers.

"You're unable to decide whether you agree to this man's offer or not, correct?" He pointed and you nodded your head. Hanagezuka sighed and looked at you, he noticed that your eyes had a hopeful glimpses. Welp, he had to help you out. "Well to be honest, I have never heard of this jujutsu school before.  However, if he came specifically seeking for you, he might genuinely need your help." He tried to assure you, but you couldn't feel any assurance within your heart.

Hotaru could see the hesitation in you and he let out a sigh, "If what he says your ability of exorcising curses works on those creatures, give it a try. I will also try to find if this school actually exists or not and inform." You thought of what he said. You could try and use your cursed speech on the curses that only you can see apparently. It's not a bad idea if you think about it. You nodded your head and smiled at him, "Shake, tuna mayo." You agreed and thanked him which seemed to please Hanagezuka.

"That's my girl! Keep the high spirits always!" He said as he petted your head. You continued to chat with Hotaru for sometime  and you noticed that it was about to get dark, so you decided it was time to leave.

"Visit again and if you came after long time, not even the dango will help you in this." He warned as he escorted you to the door. You sweatdropped and nodded, "I will make sure to visit more frequently." You thought while you waved your hand goodbye.

You started to make your way back to the Rengoku household since you didn't have any missions today. As you walked, a crow landed in front of you. You recognized it as Kyojuro's crow. You tilted your head and leaned forward slightly, "Tuna?" You questioned.

"Caw! Rengoku san needs your help! Caw! Head to the west! Caw! He is in grave danger! He is fighting an Upper Moon! Caw!"

Those words made your whole world shatter as you heard what the crow said. Kyojuro was fighting an upper moon and he might die of you don't go and save him. You unconsciously found yourself nodding and now you were following the crow to reach Kyojuro. Let's just hope that you make it there in time.